Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST SPRINGER
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=25822"][Image: winner.gif][/url][/center][center]week ending march 22 03[/center]

We waited all winter for Spring Chinook season on the Columbia River at Troutdale. Wow, it finally got here. The night before we went we discovered a flat tire on the car. My husband then tried to move our truck to use it. Unbelievable - someone had stolen a cable and another part out of engine. So instead of getting on river at 6am and getting our favorite spot, we started fishing at 8am downriver. A couple of hours later someone pulled anchor and we moved up to our lucky spot. We were using spinners and fishing in 22 feet. Nothing happened for several hours, and I mean nothing. Our lucky fishing buddies were in their boat next to us. They leave everyday at 1pm, you can set your watch by it. As they were leaving, one old guy said that I was going to catch a 23lber. I swear, within 3 minutes, as they were motoring up, my rod went down and FISH ON. My husband grabbed it (I couldn't beat him to it, he was standing right there bs'ing!) and I threw the anchor rope and off we went. He handed me my pole and it felt so good to have that fish on there. When I got him to the boat he took off and peeled line off my reel like crazy, love that sound. Got him to the boat and whew! he was a keeper. The best part? It weighed 23 lbs! Now our buddy thinks he's a fishing wizard. All four of us cracked up, it couldn't have been better. It's always nice to have another good fishing memory. I won't forget this one.Here's a pic[Image: MESS3307CustomImage2279535.jpg]
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great trip, Awesome fish. I want to get up that way to try for some of those beutiful fish soon. Keep us posted on the season as it progresses. Nice picture.
[signature]
great story and nice pic.

if you can, would you reduce your pic to 400 pixels wide. If you cant I will do it for you.

we are trying to keep all pics down to a maximum of 400 pixels wide. thanks.
[signature]