Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Eye you've caught this year??
Mine wasnt too bad.. 2 foot 3 inches.. (27 inches).. 9 1/2 pounds.. [laugh] (great thanks to the baitshop i work at for supplyin' the goods to catch the bugger haha)
[signature]
That is one heck of an eye! My best this year is only 23" and 4#. Actually that is about my biggest ever. Welcome to BFT and we look forward to seeing your posts. What state do you call home?
[signature]
Well i live in northeast ohio (ashtabula county) but i fish everywhere. from Pymatuning Lake (my hometown lake) to Lake Erie... Yea 23 inches is still a nice eye.. congrats on that!! How are you doing this year on loadin' up the freezers?? or do u catch n release??
[signature]
I don't catch enough eyes to "load up" and i usually don't freeze any fish so i eat as i catch or release. The eyes get eaten as soon as i get home or shortly after. I don't "catch and release" on the elk and deer though. I have about 30# of elk meat and 20# of deer left of the 1 elk and 3 deer i got last year.
[signature]
Oh.. ok i gotcha.. i just save a whole buncha fish and then invite my friends over n have a big ole fish fry.. anyways i was just askin' because some ppl save fish in the freezer..
[signature]
I used to keep trout and freeze the due to laziness on my part but they always got freezer burned before we ate them. I don't do it anymore because of that. If i catch a limit of wipers or cats i will keep them and invite the family over that night. No one goes hungry and the fish get eaten right away.[Smile]
[signature]
haha well there you go.. how about i went out on the boat this evening and i had my rod over the side as i was fishin with my other pole and i had my rapala shad hanging in the water and i caught a crappie on it!!! hhaha it was pretty cool..
[signature]
largest one so farhas been just shy of 22"... had I given it the boot it could've been 22"... [Tongue]
[signature]
hahaha, goodjob man.. thats still a nice eye.. ill get a pic of my 27 incher pretty soon.
[signature]
I caught a 26" and a 25 1/2" while up north..
[signature]
this is mine caught this week. 25 inches
[inline BIGEYE.jpg]
[signature]
Very nice sf.[cool]
[signature]
yep,, very nice indeed![Wink]
[signature]
Very nice walleye, I think I know right where that fish came from. I've caught a couple that size and some others smaller in that same area. later chuck
[signature]
That is a great fish! [cool]
[signature]
thats a pritty dc walleye! nice pic.
[signature]
Thanks. With any luck we will post some more. hope to catch that fish in a few more years.
[signature]
caught this 21 incher today at starvation, its my big one so far this year.
[inline rustyhook.bmp]
[#ff0000]Edited for max pic size Please keep it under 400 pixels[/#ff0000]
[signature]
[cool]
beauty, rustyhook!..
[signature]
Only been out once after walleye a Sad 15" but he tasted good!
[signature]