Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Jig head
Well I took a jig head and made a jig using yarn dark pinkish color and green yarn and I dipped it in chicken blood from chicken liver and well I am going to try them tomorrow and see if I can get anything. I heard yarn will work well for cheap jigs and well I decided to take it one step farther and dip them all in chicken blood overnight to let it soak into the yarn. I have no idea if this will work or not but I think the reason artificial bait never works for me is that it does not bleed like live bait so I am soaking the yarn in chicken blood and I am going to cook it in the sun to make sure the stench sticks. I accidentally forgot chicken liver in my car and it still smells bad no matter what I try it won't go away. So I figure if I bake them in the sun tomorrow the smell will never ever come out no matter how long I use them. I have no idea if I will catch anything and if I do I have no idea what I will catch.
[signature]
[Tongue] Well... Good luck!
[signature]
[indent]let us know how it turns out, i just tried some of the yum garlic/salt dillys, couldnt tell any difference where im at.

as far as the car stinkin though, im sure you could drive it in the lake, let it sit for an hour and itll smell far worse when it comes back out after bout a day [Wink][/indent]
[signature]
I use yarn as well, only I use my favorite stink from the store, it comes in paist form so just dipping the hook with the yarn on it in to the dip a little bit works well.

here is a pic of a fish I used that method on. [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1344/cat/500/ppuser/89"][Image: Alaskan_King_salmon.JPG][/url][/center] [center]click on photo for larger immage[/center]
[signature]