Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bead color and a crawler harness
We all know that blade size and color can make a huge difference dependant upon many factors, but how about bead size and color.

What'cha think?

I am trying several different combos lately and it still seems that chart. and orange (standard colors) are the best. I am going to try out purple and red next. You would think red might work.
[signature]
Colors: From experience with crappie rigs and walleye rigs orange works good also try mixing bead colors for example green and gold.. to match your spoons/blades alot of times that works or even try black n gold sorta gives that game fish color effect..

Size: Sizes don't really matter in my opinion but i usually go with small to medium beads.. but that's just me..

hope this was helpfull!!!! and goodluck man
[signature]
size doesn't matter????? Man have I been lied to.... [angelic][Tongue]
[signature]
HAHAHAHAH, bro! lol hahaha geez *shakes head*
[signature]
YES IN MY OPINION IT DOES MATTER. I USE BEADS FROM A TOY JEWLERY SET. I USE COLORS THAT MATCH PREY FISH. PERCH IS MY GO TO MOST TIMES. I USE #4 COLORADO HAMMERD NICKLE WITH GREAN YELLOW RED THE SPOON REFLECTS ALL THE COLORS.
[signature]
Green, Red, Orange, Yellow, Chart - clear and transparent from size 2-8.. I use 'em all.

Generally fish in NEGATIVE pattern = smaller profile .. vice-versa.

Colors are a 'flavor of the day' thing.
[signature]
there are times that absolutly size and color may make all the differance between going home with a nice fillet or stopping at mcdonalds for a fish samich.

making about 50 rigs before going out is a must, and make them in sets of 6 all the same. because when you get one that is working you will want to stay with it untill it dosnt. and be ready to change up......
[signature]