Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullfrog 6-16 OVERNIGHT ASSAULT
Seeing all the posts on Wayne's, the boys and I were dying to get back to Powell and do our usual damage to the striper population. Anticipation built up for weeks on end. But sometimes, things don't workout in your favor. It certainly didn't work out for me. I had to work on Sat, so no Powell for me.
So being the great friends that they are, my boys didn't hesitate, they took off to BullFrog for an overnighter without me. (the pics didn't help, JERKS!) Here was their night: "We left Salt Lake at 6:00pm, got to the marina and set up by 11:00pm. Conditions were just right as the day warmed up to 102 degrees and cooled to about 86 degrees by the time we arrived. We fished marina slips, With the first strike, my Uncle caught perhaps the largest crappie of the season yet, a huge 14 incher, maybe 1+ lb of pure panfish beauty. We used anchvovies, spoons, and spinners and everything worked.
After that, the fishing began to pick up. Although some in the group had a brief and difficult time adjusting to the casting, losing bait, re-bait methods. (we had 2 rookies along for the ride)
Our friend Brent, on his second fishing trip in two weeks, caught 4 different types of fish. His largest striper of the night weighing in at about 5-6 pounds an about 24+ in. His other fish came in the form of a smallmouth bass, lovable catfish and a 20 inch walleye, the second of the night for the group.
The group enjoyed the great conditions, and finishing off strong until the morning sun rise. We left at 9:00 am, exhausted and proud of our efforts. I guess we did our job.
Shared our experience with 2 newbies and they are now addicted.
All in all a great trip, definitely worth the time."
[signature]
Nice report i am planning a powell trip in september
[signature]
Holy stripe-o-rama bat man! That is a ton of fish. I'll bet it took a while to fillet all those bad boys out. Sounds like a great trip.
[signature]
Hey! I know what it is like to clean that many fish. I have to go back to Powell this fall. What a place. High 5
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Nice work man!! I'm going to have to make one of those trips with you guys sometime.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Way to save some shad brotha!

I have never fished the slips, looks like you had great succes. How do you get to the slips?
[signature]
The slips are at the marina. Head to the marina, see the little store/bathroom, and take a right and go down. 3/4th of the dock. That area is the "slips". You can fish any area that is not covered from what I remember. Like I said, i didn't go with them this time, but anytime you chum around that area, its always produced a nice amount of fish. Good luck!
[signature]