Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Week Youth Photo Contest
[font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]Michigan Week Youth Photo Contest[/#000000][/font][/url]
[Image: 0_99_7.gif]
[font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]Are you between the ages of 9 and 19? [/#000000][/font]
[font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]Here's a chance to celebrate Michigan Week your way! Tell us what "Great Lakes, Great Traditions" means to you by entering the Michigan Week Youth Photo Contest. You can use 35mm photos, slides or even digital images to share something special about your favorite Michigan community or region. Show your creativity and have fun with the challenge of expressing your unique view of that special historic site. Entries are due April 8, so don't delay - start clicking now! See the rules and application below for more information. [/#000000][/font][Image: 0_99_7.gif]
[Image: 0_99_7.gif][font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]Rules and Application[/#000000][/font][/url]
[Image: 0_99_7.gif]
[url "http://mi.michigan.gov/documents/hal_PhotoContestFlyer_57755_7.pdf"][font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]Contest Rules and Application (PDF)[/#000000][/font][/url]
[font "arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]Click here for photo contest information, examples, rules and an application. [/#000000][/font]
[signature]
this is cool , are you going to get the 4-h kids in it ? stormey too? i'll pass this on to my kid's teachers , thanks dave , your the best !
[signature]
My kids are to young, but a couple of my friends may get in Next week My one friend is getting his first computer and I think I got another friend talked into getting one too.
They both have kids around 10 years old.
[signature]
HEY , ONE WAY TO GET THEM ACLIMATED TO USEING ONE IS TO HAVE THEM GO TO THE LIBRARY , THEY HAVE COMPUTERS THERE ( ON LINE ) FOR ANYONE TO USE . YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE SOMETIMES , BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS READ A BOOK MEANWHILE .
[signature]
while you are correct about libaries haviing accesable computers,

our school system here in walled lake all have hands on computer classes in the third grade.

when I was a kid we were not even allowed to have a caculater, and they were so big you needed a breif case to cary it in lol

we actualy have kids who visite this site from their school computers. prity wild aint it.[blush]

just when you get one make sure that you disable longdistance calling on your computer so that it wont make long distance calls. or get a seprate phone line and disconect long distance calling on that.
[signature]
sounds like we are on our way to be the most cutting edge 4-H club. meetings on line and our outings will be fishing trips.

cool...

we can set up the seprate club board like we were talking about for club only meeting. that way every one can attend at their own time and never miss a meeting.
[signature]
if we get the kids meeting here in a safe board under parental supervision will be an excilent learning experience for every one involved.

we will have to get the kids to come up with a name for their club or we can just call it the "Big Fish 4-H club" to keep it symple.

we can build and design our own web site for other clubs to see and be jellous of. lol [angelic]
[signature]
to keep things safe new members will have to join in person and not on line.

how about this for signitures, 4-H members and families can post a fishing pic in their sig file similar to mine only about half the size. so every one will know who they are talking to.
[signature]
i think this is an excellent idea , especially on a private board or semi private board for the protection of the youths . any you are on the cutting edge of ideas ! it could go state wide , or national . the promo thing being discussed could sponsor it too if needed . i think this is a great idea to add to that discussion . i'm all for it 100 % !

imagine all the 4-h clubs being able to post events and have other club members visit . it would build a stronger bond to the clubs .
[signature]
have you had a chance to discuss this with the 4-h'ers yet ? i'm still working on the other project too ! having a couple of groups like these would be fun !
[signature]
you may want to talk lonewolf in to starting one up in his area.

he will need an adult to be responcible and take the leadership training at the local 4-H office.

the adult mentor will have to go through a back ground check to make sure that he has not been convicted of any fellonies. then he/she will be given instructions to how to allow the kids to run their own club when they become responcible inough to handle the task.

with some of the things he is intrested in doing this would be the fastest way to jump start.
[signature]