Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some places that I have fished
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Unfortunately for those of us who live in the SW we have to travel a bit [about 1000 miles] to hit nice inviting rivers that flow through Wy. Here is a shot I took of the Gros Ventre River in Jackson Hole last year. While I wore waders a bathing suit would have been more appropriate as the air temperature was in the upper 90ºs. So where do you think the fishys are?[/size][/green][/font]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=26733;][/center]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I used to stay at the camp ground north of Jackson, by the same name, and have fished it several times.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I don't think that there are any fish in that river.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I think that going to the Jackson area, and fishing the Gros Ventre, is like going to a dance, and spending your time in a connected broom closet.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]There is great fishing in that area, and farther north into the park. YNP is loaded with places to fish.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Too bad you spent time fishing the GV.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
It's a pretty stretch there!..

No fish!? .. hmmm.. should've brought your spinning gear [Tongue][Wink]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I don't figure that fishing in the shadows of the Grand Tetons a waste of time. Not that I am overly religious but God's country is certainly something to be thankful for. Probably sitting at my PC is a waste of time. The GVR was just one of several places that I fished during a 10 day period. Fishing the tail water of Jackson Lake was real good. Fishing the Snake at Wilson Bridge was so so. Here is a picture of Jenny Lake. Certainly a beautiful site to behold. No I didn't fish here.[/size][/green][/font] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=26734;][/center]
[signature]
even though it has been said that there are no fish in this water I would of tried the edge of the rippled water in the center background..... that close edge and then far edge.. Id also try the rippled area in the right foreground that follows the curve of the bank.. let your fly drift.. maybe with a small indicator just to make sure.. but that is just my opinion.. ya know. the guy that catch any fish.. LOL>.

MacFly [cool]
[signature]