Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Mackerel have made their invasion along the panhandle of Florida.
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]If you have a bay boat that you can travel just a few miles off the beach, and it’s calm enough, go out and catch some of these fun fighting fish. Most are in the 10 – 15 lb range, with a few topping the scales over 25lbs, and each year near the end of the summer we hook up a few over 30lbs.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: p005.jpg][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]These fish are fast and pull a lot of drag, and on light tackle it’s a blast! Spanish Mackerel have also made their way up the coast and they are a little bigger than last year; most of the fish I’ve caught these past few trips have been over 3 lbs, with some ranging in the 5 – 7 lb range.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Large schools of bait (cigar minnows, threadfin, etc.) have finally shown up and are very plentiful. Hard tails are also here and they are great bait for the bigger Kings and large Amberjacks offshore.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The trout bite has been ok, but you have to hit the water very early or fish the docks at night. We are getting some much needed rain and this should help the trout bite pick up in the next few days. All I can say about June is that it is one of my favorite months to fish. It is a bit cooler than July and August, so you don’t mind staying out longer.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It’s going to be a great summer here in Pensacola, so if you’re looking for a great fishing trip, give me a call and we’ll get you hooked up on the Mega-Bite![/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sincerely,
Capt. John[/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish, you have to learn how to gaff them through the eyes, tournament style.[Wink]
[signature]