Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparkinator & Me at the Gorge 6/19-21/07
Ok, I'm, going to blither and be obnoxiously verbose. Why you ask? Well ---------, I think you guys (Wyo, and Utah) are missing the boat, in particular you shore fisher people and tubers (about 1/3 were caught from shore). I've been 3 times now this month and the Sparkinator and I just had a wonderful time every time. It's a distance from populace areas but if an "old geezer" like me can do it, well then--------? Where else can you go to catch 20-30 smallies a day with 80% in the 12 -14 in. range with the rest smaller and bigger, and experience the solitude and wildlife? . The bigger were like 15-19 in. (WOW). This is up north (Wyo, confluence) where they say that there are fewer but larger. Can't attest to fewer. [Wink] I think the spawn is coming to an end but as you see they are still around. I let the "big mammas" go to do their thing and kept camp dinner and some for dinner at home each time. I caught most from my tube with a qucamole reaper and a 3" green/smoke/red/black fleck 3" curly tails with a smallish split show up about 12" and a small (#4?) circle hook. I like the circle hooks since I only had 2 out of maybe 100(?) that got hooked in the gullet. The Sparkinator kept me up last night taking out after something that was "coming around" that he figured needed my protection. Kind of wondered what was going on, like was the desert big foot, mountain lion, desert bear, or maybe some midnight stalker was mooching around. Well, --------. he took off after something early when it was light and I got up and was able to see several antelope mooching around so I figured he was protecting me from the "goats", I hope. [shocked] Have heard my singing coyotes a lot but, --------. didn't hear em this night. I [size 5]LOVE [/size][size 3]the solitude and the nights there.[Smile] [/size][size 3]The first pic is of the Sparinator and a 15" guy, the second is kind of a typical nice bass, 3rd is my home away from home. 4th is me just kicking back looking out the door with my vodka and v-8, and the last is just a pic of the Gorge from my camp.[/size] [size 3]Don't think this qualifies for "best of 2007" but maybe you can enjoy it.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Leaky[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=26753;]

[inline "Gorge typical.jpg"]

[inline Homw.jpg]

[inline Drink.jpg]

[inline Gorge.jpg]
[cool]That sounds like a fun trip, Leaky. Did you only catch smallies, or did some slimers accidentally bite your bass plastics too? Just curious.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like you and the furry kid had a good time...again. Good on ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Maybe Sparky was chasing off the burbot. I hear there is a new strain that comes onshore at night to suck up vodka and juice. You musta left some in a glass outside or something.[/#0000ff]
[signature]