Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish lake 6-23 saturday
Got to fish lake friday night and left the boat at the marina since i couldnt take it up the mountain were we made camp.Hit the water at 730 am saturday and the fish were hitting everything.Most were splake and some were in the 6-8 inch size.They were hitting lures bigger than they were .The rainbows were cooperating too and we only kept one for samantha since we were not leaving till sunday afternoon and she wanted a fish to cook over the open fire.The splake were anywhere from 20 feet to 5 feet from the top.I trolled a bit just off the weedline on the north side and it started becoming a pain having doubles and even a tripple hookup while trolling.So we went to jigging .Sam wanted to catch perch so she started nailing perch . I jigged for some macs but no takers yesterday not even trolling.It was a beautiful day saturday so after fishing i started taking out all of my nephews and their parents out joyriding.I thought there would be more boats out there than there was but glad there wasnt! [Wink]
[signature]
C'mon now, you can't post a report like and not have any pics! Sounds like a good time and lots of fish. Where were you camping at? I'd like to get away this summer to a new place.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip. I'll be heading down there for Friday and spending the weekend. Will report Monday July 2.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
As usual i forgot my camera! [Tongue] Been getting in the habit of leaving it at home.I went up hancock flats then went up dead end road and its not really a dead end but thats the name of it.It has plenty of flat spaces for tents and plenty of room for 4 wheeleres to go play.And best of all lots of shaded areas to stay away from the sun.It stayed pretty cool up there and wasnt that cold at night.Were i was it was about 6 milesfrom the main road.There was no steep hills to climb and the dirt road was pretty good.Also if you go there take the left side of the road up hancock flats because the right side had big rocks and is a rough road i went that way and had to go back down hope this helps ya.[Smile]
[signature]