Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for Jordanelle
Hello all,
My cousin-in-law is here from texas and we are trading a bass fishing trip in texas for trout fishing in utah. Due to time restraints and some other factors, we will probably go to Jordanelle so he can fly fish from a boat. I need some help as I know very, very little about fly fishing for trout in Jordanelle. I could use help with what to use in the way of flies, line (I have a 5 wt rod with floating line) tippet, techniques and location. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
--Thanks.
[signature]
the rigging you have is better suited for fishing the river as floating line will only get you fish hitting the surface or fish that are in close to the shore. to fish jordanelle you will want sinking line 3 or 4 sink rate. wooly buggers of different colors. try different stripping actions.
your other post: Strawberry- Ditto! use a chartreuse wooly bugger as lead fly
[signature]
Like James said, a sinking line would be the most productive. I have done O.K. with a floating line, but real long leader (9' to 12') and I fished nymphs like Zug Bug, Bead Head Prince and Pheasant tail or the famous Haresear. All flies need some weight in them.
[signature]