Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEER CREEK WALLEYES
DC EYES ON FIRE!!!! TOOK MY 11 YR OLD SON OUT TO TEACH HIM HOW TO BOUNCE FOR EYES. HE CAUGHT 11 WALLEYES AND LOST A TON LERNING HOW TO SWEEP SET WAS A CHLLANGE AT FIRST. BOATED OVER 20 FISH I STOPPED COUNTING AT 10. WENT THREW 3 DOZZEN CRAWLERS IN 5 HRS.
[signature]
[cool]
good to hear you got into 'em CE! must've been a ball watchin' the kiddo!!
[signature]
YA IT WAS. THAT APPLE FELL RIGHT NEXT TO THE TREE AND ROLLED RIGHT TIGHT TO THE TRUNK. LOL KID IS UN STOPABLE WITH A JIG. NOW HE HAS HIS THIRD WALLEYE SYSTEM DOWN.
[signature]
Awesome, CE! quite impressive at that age [Wink]

I'm having a ball with my nephew.. he's 15 and still wants to set the hook on a rigged fish like he's Mike Iaconelli [laugh] He gets all worked up when he gets a hit when we're back trolling. Trying to get him to drop the rod tip back slowly to give the fish a little slack then 'sweep and snap' when he feels the fish again has been a treat.

His rod always seems to end up over the top of his head [laugh][laugh] .. looses a few fish, but he's having a ball.. I get a good chuckle out of it too though.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Sounds like you had some fun times!! I've never caught any walleyes from Deer Creek, but it also has to do with the fact that i've never fished for them there. Great work, and way to get the son on some eyes!![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Right on Ken! So, when we going again?[Wink]
[signature]
VERY SOON.
[signature]
Me and Flycasting caught 3 more yesterday at willard. All under 16" though.
[signature]
Sounds like a good scouting trip for the upcoming weekend,eh?
[signature]