Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Off
The Ice is coming off fast on Lake Erie. Most of the lake is now open water, but I am sure there still some Icebergs floating around. The Marina's are also clearing, thanks to this nice weather. I plan on launching my boat this coming friday. Then of course go fishing. I think this is going to be a banner year here. The Ice fishing was the best we have had in many years.

I will be posting Lake Erie fishing reports here soon.
Fish on!
[signature]
oh yea ! great news for sure ! hows the water level ? a lot of marinas have had to dredge up here . i saw some af the fixed docks in lake michigan , ladders may be needed if theres no rain soon .
[signature]
The water level here looks better then it did last fall.
[signature]
mother nature is a blonde , the ice is melting and were expecting 2" of snow for the weekend . , thanks for the water report fishguide .

your pal , lonehunter
[signature]
So True! she must be blonde. We are getting some snow this weekend also but, I have fished in snow before with Icebergs. Just sing Jingle Bells!
[signature]
I THINK WE ALL SING IN THE PRIVACY OF THE GREAT OUTDOORS , I WAS TALKING TO SOME OF THE GUYS ON THE CALIFORNIA BOARD , THEY WERE DOING THE SAME THING .
[signature]
ill tell you guys what. mother nature would be one smart blonde right now if she were to dump a foot of hevey snow here now that the ground is thawing so the ground can get a good drink of melting snow. right now rain is still going to be run off in to rivers and lakes. raising the ground water level is what is needed to best rais the great lakes water levels in the long run.

all that snow they got in colorado last week was a god sent. it may have been a burden to move and some folks did not make it through the storm. it will rais the water levels a good 6-8 inches there.

we could use a good 12 - 18 inch of hevey wet snow accross the entire great lakes area at least in canida they need it more to refill their reservors that feed the great lakes.
[signature]
Hey captain! Just wondering if you got your boat in the water today? I am eagerly awaiting your reports. I am wanting to get over to the West Basin soon, so let me know how things look.

I tried to sign up for your news letter from your charter site, but it was returned to me by the server. Any problems over there?

See you on the water.

Eric
[signature]
Hi Eric, yes my boat is in the water, but with 30+ knot winds I have not been out yet. Hopefully soon. I don't know why your e-mail was returned. I will check into it.

Thanks
[signature]