Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deercreek 6-30-07
Tanners Grandma was out of fish to eat, so son Scotty and I went to Deercreek to solve her problem. We got there early, so Scott could play golf at 11:30. As soon as we cleared the wakeless bouys, we let out our gear. Right off, I picked up the first two Rainbows. we were using pop gear and worm. Then nothing clear to Rainbow Bay. The water was quite warm, Didn't check the temp. Went back where we started and did a long line release. Then picked up two more Bows. The weather was perfect, very little wind, just a breeze. Had no Power squadren until about 8:00 A.M. then most every one did a great job of not bothering the fishing boats. A great morning. Only thing needed was young Tanner to reel in the fish.
[signature]
How deep were you fishing ? Did you fish the west side ?
[signature]
We were fishing about 8 to 15 ft. I ran the Downrigger at 25 and down to 45 ft. but didn't get anything. Marked a lot of fish at 40 ft. clear up to about 8 or 10 ft., but they didn't like what I sent down. We are still learning what to use on the downrigger at D.C. We did not fish the west side this trip, just from the boat ramp up to Rainbow Bay. Stayed right along the east side. Lots of fish rolling and jumping. I think next time we will bring our fly rods.
[signature]

Which ramp did you launch from?
[signature]
The first one North from the dam, at the mouth of Wallsburg bay. Deer creek camp?
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]