Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allatoona Lures - off the dock
Hello everyone,

New to the boards and somewhat new to fishing. I grew up livebait fishing with my father but that was about the extent of it. When I moved out of the house at the age of 16. I kinda stopped fishing too! Got married and out of the blue my wife says to me, "Hey, do you like to fish?" [shocked] "Why, yes... yes I do!" so we got some cheap poles from Wally World and seeing as we live on lake allatoona (2 minute walk [Smile]) We started fishing off the docks in our neighborhood.

Bream, Bream, and more Bream! Red Wigglers and #6 or #8 hooks off the docks = a ton of Bream! But I am wanting to learn to use lures. I have got a couple rooster tails and the white/silver one seems to really get the bream but I am wanting to hook something else now. Any tips/tricks? Oh and I also just got a Bitsy Minnow and was about to walk out the door and try it out. Let you know how it goes!

- Justin
I just started Bass fishing several months ago. So far i like to use yellow roostertails with a silver blade, 1/4 or 3/8 oz. Also Zoom Flukes
[signature]
Welcome to the boards, theres alot of good info here hopefully youll enjoy it. My co-moderator lives on allatoona also so if he gets on Im sure he can give you alot of pointers. That lake has alot of spotted bass which are a blast to catch. Like jim said try the flukes in baby bass and pearl shad early in the mornings and late in the evenings. Also I'd try some chartruse spinnerbaits with willow leaf blades and alot of soft plastics texas rigged. One tip when choosing a lure is to get a dark and a light color and just experiment. Hopefully that will get you in the right direction and if you have any questions on the proper presentations of a particular lure feel free to ask. Good luck and Im sure your going to love those spots!

Matt
[signature]