Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle Weber
Fished the middle weber in the Coalville area from 6pm till dark. Fished a new section I hadn't fished before. Beautiful bends and lots of nice riffles. I fished solely dry flies.....caddis. There was a pretty good caddis hatch, but not too many fish up on them. Caught probably 7 fish, missed that many too. Mostly browns to about 16 inches and two fat rainbows. I think if I would have nymph fished, I would have slayed-em, but I'm kinda a dry-fly purist. Anyone else had any success on the Weber lately with dries?

See Ya

J
[signature]
I've never fished this area before, but I've driven past it many, many times. I've been thinking of trying the area between Wanship and Coalville. Is there a lot of private property to be aware of? Or is it pretty much open for doing a little fly fishing? Thanks in advance for your response.
[signature]
Wanship is basically all private area. I'd recommend going further downstream. I have heard some local reports of landowners and Wardens both chasing people out of that area.
[signature]
There is lots of open area...please respect the property and pack out all trash.
[signature]