Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Mayse Lake report 3/21
For those of you not familiar with this lake, It is my home lake in north east Texas, Lamar County, north of Paris Texas on Hwy 271 and follow the signs. Anyway the water temp. is warming up to the low 60's during the day.The bass are really moving in to the backs of the coves on the north side of the lake.We hooked up with several nice fish pitching craw worms to and just inside the edge of the cover,( old cattail, lily pad stems, and brush.)If the weather holds out up there it will blow wide open in the next couple of weeks.In my experience when this happens,a chartreuse spinnerbait with gold willowleaf blades, texas rigged crawworms and lizards, and jig and craw are the ticket to some nice stringers of bass.Fish the cover with the spinnerbait and have one of the other baits mentioned rigged and ready for a follow up cast on missed strikes.Are just fish the slow baits exclusively.you may not catch any monsters on this lake but I have caught many 2 to 7 lb fish on this lake,all day long.

FISH ON
[signature]
Thanks for the report and the heads up on the predictions for next month.

Looking forward to see you on the 12th at Port Aransas.
[signature]
THIS IS ONE FANTASTIC REPORT FROM THE HOME WATERS , I REALLY ENJOYED READING IT . I CAN REALLY GET THE FEEL OF THE AREA EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE . YOUR A LUCKY MAN TO HAVE A PLACE TO CALL YOUR OWN SPOT TO FISH . THANKS , LONEHUNTER
[signature]
I don't think you can call it a prediction.It is the gospel..That is the way it has worked for the past tweenty years that I have fished that lake.

I hope I can find all you ppl.on the 12th.I hate fishing a tournament blind.I have never set foot on Port Aransas.I look forward to meeting all you folks.
[signature]
I hope this will help.

[image]http://web.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/ROSS6959CustomImage0278523.jpg[/image]

Just find the South jetties and you will be there.

If you get there early we will be having breakfast at The Island Cafe. Ask anyone in Port A and they can direct you to it. Setup at the jetties will start around 8AM.
[signature]
I just maped it out on yahoo.I did not realize it was that far up there.It shows to be a 4 hour drive, so I can't see me making it there for breakfast.
[signature]
keep me posted on how my buddy ssor is doing , he loves texas so much it wouldn't take much for him to refuse to come back .

sunshine , fishing , and texas girls ! heck , i wouldn't want to come back either !
[signature]
Down here there are only mexican girls.I feel like a snow flake in a box of raisins.Why are you not coming down here too?
[signature]
i owe , i owe , it's off to work i go

to earn the pay , from day to day

i owe , i owe .........[crazy]

you poor guys , i live in farm country . i see why thoes farmers like there livestalk , there prittier ![Smile]

have fun ! lonehunter
[signature]