Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Powell Report
Went to Bullfrog the last week in June and caught tons of stripers. We caught the majority of stripers at the mouth of Moki Canyon. We fished in the shade and cast into the sun. Most of the fish we caught seemed to be holding in about 30 feet of water right on the edge of the sun and shadow. Biggest came in at 24 inches. We filleted them up and they tasted really good. I spent a night fishing on the docs in the covered slips. I went through three bags of anchovies by myself. Most of the fish were smaller but still really fun to catch.
thanks for the report! I'm leaving for Powell tomorrow and won't be far from the Moki wall. We really nailed the stripers there the end of April. Were you fishing the wall in the main channel or just inside the mouth of Moki? North or South wall? Did you have to chum very much? Thanks for the info!
[signature]
We fished just inside the canyon. There is a big crack on the wall just on the inside of the canyon that we fished around. We fished there three days all in the afternoon. The south wall provides a lot of shade in the afternoon and that is where we set up. Where the shade met the sun is where all the fish seemed to be hangin. We were literally twenty feet into the canyon about 5 feet off the wall. Dropped a chovie and had fish on within a minute or so. Four times we had triples on. Awesome! Let us know how you do when you get back in town.