Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday worship at Starvation
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][size 2] Well it was a day of firsts for me at Starvation today. While the fishing was not red hot I thought it was pretty decent. I managed to finally catch more fish than Kevin and I also caught my 1st eye today... woo hooo.

Well on to the fishing part. The morning started out pretty well, i caught a small perch 1st cast. And than on number 2 WHAM another small perch. As i get out by a point I realize that my backrest is going flat so i kick into the point. On the way in I get #3 but he is also very small and back in the drink he goes. Mean while Kevin hits 2 small eyes about 8-10 inches right off. We are expecting good things to come. Well Kevin his a FAT perch about 12" long and we are starting to celebrate a little to soon. Over the next 2 hours notta for me. and Kevin hits some real small Smallies. We decide to head across the bay. On the way over I find some what productive area and start hooking some decent fish. I am using my 2 pole permit and had tried several different things on the one. It seamed the magic combo for me was a 2" manic minnow in Watermelon/brown flake on a #3 Gary Yamamoto Split shot hook about 2.5 feet above a 1/8th oz white Jigg with a Maniac Ice Cutter in Predator. (the Maniac Line) Well it seamed like this was the producive rod today as i caught most of my fish on this rod. Both Eyes came on the minnow. I even had one hit the jigg swallowed it and hit the minnow. Well enough of the chit-chat here are the pics. Enjoy. We fished up until the storm hit and were on our way home by 230.[/size] [/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey bro, looks like you guys launched exactly where Lloyd and I did last week. That lake is really dropping. Glad you found a few fish...and your first wallie. More to come.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Them are some NICE Perch. I bet they would be a blast on a 4wt.[Wink]
[signature]
They were fun and I bet they would be a good pull. The Bigger of the 2 Walleyes put up a serious fight. He was fun.
[signature]
Were you in 15' or more ? Nice day.
[signature]
Yea it was pretty much 15-16. It seamed like a great big flat. I managed to grab my dead sonar so That is jsut what Kevin told me as he was over by me.
[signature]