Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Guide????
[size 1]Hey I was wondering if anyone here has fished with this particular guide in South Florida. I am planning a trip to miami and found his website and it seems like fun. His name is Captain Rich Smith and his website is [/size][url "http://www.miamiflyfishing.com/"][#333366][size 1]www.MiamiFlyFishing.com[/size][/#333366][/url][size 1] . I have never fished in Miami Biscayne Bay or Everglades National Park Flamingo . But I have done a few trips down in Islamorada and the Upper Keys Key Largo area and had a ton of fun pulling on Tarpon, Bonefish, and have yet to land a Permit. I am still learning how to flyfish in Saltwater but am up for the challenge I just need a guide that will have patience with me. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks [/size]
[signature]
I am not 100% sure so dont quote me.. but if I remember right I have seen this guys tv show several times.. rides a harley.. seems a very knowledgeable and laid back sort of guy.. from what I saw.. very patient...

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there flyfishingjunkie and welcome to our board. Use to live in Florida when Lincoln was still president and Florida was just a possession. LMAO. Seriously, your best bet would be to post your question on the Florida board. Sure that the Mod there Capt Joe should be able to get you headed in the right direction. Might want to try your luck on catching some Peacock Bass out of the canals off of the Glades. Good luck.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Never mind for I see that you have found your way around our site already.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
...arent those the same canals that ya'll said have gators lurking about hoping for a free meal.. and hopefully that meal is not the angler????
[signature]
[left][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Yup, gators can be found just about anywhere there is water. They seemed to love to hang out around golf courses. I was surprised more than once early in the morning going over the green to find my ball only to discover a gator was minding it for me.[/size][/green][/font][pirate] [font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Got use to it after a while. The best part was watching the reaction of the snow birds when they ran into one.[/size][/green][/font] [/left] [center]
[#008000]Anyone see my ball. LOL[/#008000][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=27975;][/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
...arent you suppose to play the ball from where it lies ? .... LOL .....

MacFly
[signature]

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]...arent you suppose to play the ball from where it lies ? .... LOL .....

MacFly
[/size][/black][/font]

GO FOR IT! I will video tape so they know where the pieces are suppose to go[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
oh now wait a minute.. I dont golf.. but apparently some people do.. and I had heard that was one of the rules.. heheheh

....and.. Im old.. Im slow... but I am not dumb enough to try to hit a golf ball off a gators tail....[laugh][laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]A golfer may voluntarily declare his/her ball to be unplayable at any time. Of course, "unplayable lies" are penalized. Otherwise the game of golf would be too easy. But in this case I think that one would get a free drop as in the case when your ball lands next to TV cable line. But you have to identify the ball as your own otherwise it would be consider a two stoke penalty for a lost ball. I think.[Tongue]
[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I would take the Mulligan and hit a new ball. As far as the gator goes, I would have to pull out my Fillet wedge so that I could leave there with some Gator Sausage and a hood ornament for my FC4.[cool]
[signature]
...now who in their right mind would get close enough to positively identify that ball as theirs... [laugh].. reminds me of the scene from Happy Gilmore where his "Shooter McGavin" has to play the ball off the tennis shoe of a huge guy (guy that played in the original "Longest Yard" .. the one who kept saying he thought he broke one of the guards neck during a tackle... hehhe )

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
hmmmmmmmm now the question I have is.. does gator taste like chicken?? [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Yup, but doesn't everything taste like chicken? [/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I heard the High Mountain lakes that no women have ever swam in taste like Chicken. LOL Sorry, just a local joke and a little on the adult side.
[signature]
[black][size 3]FG, Your bad today.[/size][/black]
[size 3]Funny, but still bad.[/size]
[signature]
...dont apologize.. hehehe peaks the imagination to a point.. lol...

MacFly
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]And I thought that it would be macfly55 or at least tubeN2 that would be the spokesman for KFC. LOL[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[#005000]..now why are you excluding yourself from this one.. you are as bad as the rest of us when you want to be... LOL....[/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]MacFly [cool][/#005000]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3][cool]Hey there macfly55 - I just do the commercials. I it leave it up to you all to interpret them. Did you notice the temps in Elsinore today? 98ยบ. I am not that found of heat.[Sad][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]