Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Ft. Lauderdale is GRRREAT!
Guys, the fishing was just plain old awesome today. We caught so many fish, I donft know which trip to write about. Our Drift boats are catching tons and tons of bonitos and kingfish. I didnft even count them, but there was a huge pile of them on the dock. Everybody got off the boat hooting and hollering about how many fish they caught. Wefve been getting all our action on the reef, about a mile offshore. 120Œ-200Œ of water has been where the bite has been the best on the drift fishing trips. Most of the fish have been bonitos ranging from 10-18 pounds and kingfish ranging from 8-15 pounds. Wefve been fishing the baits about 1/2 way to the bottom and jigging. Ballyhoo, sardines and squid have been the best baits. Whenever we got the bait to where we wanted it, BAM! Either we would catch a king or bonito or get a big strike and miss one. We literally couldnft keep a bait in the water for more than a minute. The mates worked their butts off today keeping hooks tied on and baits going out. But everybody that went got to catch something nice.
[Image: 030.jpg]
Our Sportfishing charters did great today too. They were catching the same stuff as the party boats were, lots of kings and bonitos. However, they did catch a couple nice fish the drift boats didnft get to catch. They caught a 25 pound wahoo and a big blackfin tuna today. They also caught a nice silky shark. The biggest king was about an 18 pounder with most of eem being 5-10 pounders. It was a helluva day at sea today.
[Image: 035.jpg]
Capt. Adam took out a 10 person private charter today that wanted to catch some fish for dinner. They started off trolling and caught a couple bonitos but the customers said they wanted to catch some snapper or grouper. Well, you donft have to mention snapper to Capt. Adam twice. He went out to one of his secret spots (he still wonft tell me where), and he caught 110 vermillion snapper. It was an awesome day for him aad the customers went home with enough snapper for a neighborhood fish fry. The deep sea fishing was great today and everything we tried today worked great.
[Image: 011.jpg]
Tommorrow night is the Friday night swordfishing trip we run. Ifve been hearing the swordfish are biting great this week and if we have a trip like we did last week, Ifll be tickled pink! The swordfishing trip is my favorite trip of the week. We still have 3 seats available last time I checked if anyone else wants to go. It should be a great trip. Thanks everyone who fished with us today, hope you guys come back and fish with us again. Cya all tommorrow.
[signature]
Nice job Skipper and way to go. That looks like a good mess of fish and a bunch of happy customers.[cool]

(is there anyway that you could keep the pics within the forum guidlines? No more than 450 pixels wide) thanks[Wink]
[signature]
Oops, sorry. Yes, I will make sure to do that for my future posts. I just recently learned how to even put pictures with my posts(i'm not very techno-savvy). But I know how to resize them so I'll be sure to do that.
[signature]
No problem Skipper. Thanks again.

You can always upload the pictures as an attachment without resizing. Only a link will appear. Others can click on the link and enjoy your bigger pics.

Another way is to start your own photo gallery here on the boards. you can copy/past the thumbnails that it generates which takes the readers directly to your gallery. They can click on any pictures there and it will go to the full size.[cool]

By the way, Nice catch!
[signature]