Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye cheeks??
Has anyone ever eaten walleye cheeks? I have been taking them from most of the eyes i have caught this year and they are great if not over cooked. Just wondering if anyone else does this.[cool]
[signature]
I tried them once.... [Tongue] They tasted great!
[signature]
Probably like Tuna's the best part of the fish. I have not tryed it but I will.
[signature]
fresh water scallop(cheek meat), don't over cook them.
[signature]
Good part of the fish to eat. Make tasty little nuggets. Also, the "Wings" is a good little scrap. I cut the the belly, around the two pectoral fins, all the way up the fishes throat. You get the two fins, a piece of cartilage, and a piece of meat. Cut the skin off, fry it up, and eat the scrap of meat right off. Nice little finger food.
[signature]
I had never heard of eating a fishes "Cheeks" until I did alot of traveling to the Atlantic Shores of Canada. When I first got up to Newfoundland, a bunch of guys from Molson took me out to a Newfie Seafood restaurant. The menu said their specialty was "Cod Cheeks". I began to laugh, but quickly found out that the laugh was on me. The guys insisted that I order it for dinner. Once I had it, I ordered it quite often. Seems "Cod Cheeks" are very popular up that way. I'd think that Walleye Cheeks would be just as good.
[signature]
Not really worth the hassle on the smaller "eaters".. @ 1.5lbs / 16".. but get up to that 20"+/3-4lb+ mark and they're worth the hassle.

very good though [cool]
[signature]
I have noticed that also. The 20"er's seem about right on the fish i catch. Yummy![Smile]
[signature]
YUP IVE EATEN THEM. BUT ITS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE OF CUTTING THEM OUT BREADING THEM AND FRYING THEM FOR A MILLASECOND.LOL I FILLET EYES NEVER COOK THE WHOLE FISH.
[signature]
Yeah when I would catch them big enough to get some meat the old days at starvation when a 3lb 4lb fish was common and also would from stripers from powell I bet your nice size wipers would be good to.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][cool]All I can say is that they are pretty tasty!![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]