Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge with Capt Jim
Me and my friend Aaron went fishin with Capt Jim on 16 & 17, this is the way it went.
Day 1: We got out on the water at about 6:45, after a little lesson from Jim we started fishing, after about 5 min Aaron got the first Bonk-miss and the another Bonk-miss and a few min later another bonk-miss. I was thinking whats going on here He's getting all the bites, then suddenly Bonk-Bam FISH ON! 28 lber. Then we dropped down again and I get another Bonk_Bam FISH ON! 20 lber. We dropped down again and I got another Bonk-Bam FISH ON! 23 lber. I started thinking this is so easy a girlscout could do it. ( right Don).

Then reality set in 4 more bites for me 3 or 4 for Aaron all Bonk-misses.

Day 2: On the water about the same time. I had the first Bonk-miss then a few min later Aaron had a Bonk-Bam FISH ON! 24 lber. We dropped again Bonk-miss for me Bonk Bam FISH ON for Aaron 25 lber. Then the rest of the day was Bonk-miss Bonk-miss. we had about 8-10 bites each and could not keep a fish on for more than 5 seconds, Talk about frustrating, I think Jim was about as frustrated with us as we were with ourselves. We definitely had our chances at more fish. All in all it was a fun trip, Jim was a great guide and I cant wait to do it again next year.

P.S. Jim you should put together a Hook-setting training video for ice fishin idiots. LOL
[signature]
Great report LakeDrifter! Glad you had such a good trip. And, yup, if this stuff was easy, Girl Scouts would do it! LOL

(And you know I feel your pain on the misses.)
[signature]
Nice fish and calm weather looks great.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Looks like Big Blue Bend Cliffs is the place to be for a successful trip again! It's been hot all year! Looks like you had a sweet trip with Capt. Jim![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice report drifter. Glad you had a great time with the captain! I know your Frustration. HAppens to all of us.
[signature]
Sweet! By the background, I'd say you were deep sea fishing though!
[signature]
Great report and pics. The pics would be sweeter if they weren't doctored? Why are these pics goofed with? Is the location that big of deal? Great stuff anyways.[cool]
[signature]
The main reason these pics are doctored up is that there are people out there that would be right on the same spot. and would be inches from the red boat. We had a few boats within 20 yards on the trip. If people would respect others it would not be a problem. but that does not happpen, so I did it for repect to Capt Jim.
[signature]
Since I finally found Big bend Blue Cliffs I have caught nice Fish. Took a while to locate that location but well worth it.[sly][sly][sly]

Tough to find but worth the search
[signature]
[Wink]Gotcha. The Gorge as big as it is, and people still would crowd ya? No way, not in Utah at the Gorge?[Tongue] Good work again gentleman.
[signature]
SAdly enough it doesn't matter if your in Utah Or Wyoming. It happens almost everyday. Jim has such a great reputation about catching fish and everyone wants to learn. Except they dont want to pony up the $$$$.

Hate to hurt anyones feelings but thats the truth! [Smile]

I paid my money and went and dont regret one penny of it. In Fact, I have already got my next trip booked just like lots of others on this site do. Yes, Its not cheap, But I feel its well worth it. IF you wanna Play, Ya gotta pay!!!

I work to live, Not live to work!!

Cant wait to go again!!!!
[signature]
Awesome Report!!!
The pics are doctored because Capt. Jim has spent a lot of time and effort into his fishing and he values his secret spots. I think he is very smart for doing what he does to the pictures and I would do the same.
Lets put it this way;
If you create your own business with the knowledge you have gained all of your life and depend on that business for your income, would you reveal all of your business secrets to others? No.
Capt. Jim is just protecting his business for the future.
[signature]
I told Jim I was going to post a report on BFT and I told him I would respect the area he was fishing. Thats why the photos are doctored.
[signature]
i like the pictures better when there doctored with an iceberg or a tropical island in the background[Tongue]
[signature]
cool deal drifter, Jim just makes it look easy, he's done it so much it's probibly like ride'n a bike to him. he sure knows how to tell the mood of the fish by how they react to the jigs and their depth.
glad you had a great time, later chuck
[signature]
[center][inline abcd.jpg] [/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Where on the Gorge is this?[/size][/black][/font][/center]
[signature]
ive seen it, its just a hard spot to get to...[Wink]
[signature]
Dude, I have heard about that one. I think that is the one that you have to move a rock on the shore, Then the mountain opens up enough to let you bring your boat in. [sly][sly]
[signature]
man it's down by gold point lol.........
[signature]