Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Member Get-Together
I am planning a BFT get together at Lake Elsinore on Saturday [#ff0000]August 25[/#ff0000]. Anyone in the area that would like to join us is welcome to come along.

We will be fishing for Bass, Wipers,Crappie and Blue Gills. You may fish for Cats too if you wish to do so.

Primary method of propulsion will be float tubes. The invitation is open to Spin anglers, Fly Anglers, Baitcast Anglers and any type of angling that tickles your fancy.

I am planning on being there close to Sunrise when the gates open and am available for most of the day.

Please feel free to come out and meet some of the BFT members that we talk to every day on the forums.

There will be some prizes for certain species of fish that are caught. I will finalize the prize details over the next week.

Please come on out and have a good time. There will be some free BFT stuff for those who attend.

Simply answer this post if you are interested in going.[cool]
[signature]
[center][#800000]Hey there tubeN2 - had this message posted on the Fly Board[/#800000][/center]

[cool][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]Hey there TubeN2 - Looks like they are catching Crappies, Bass & Catfish at the lake. But darn no Trout. Don't care for cats but the others will do just fine for me. Would gather that the Clouser Minnow would be an all purpose fly for these two species. What size do you usually use over at Castaic? Wouldn't think that Elsinores Hawgs can measure up to Castaic's. BTW checked with the folks at Elsinore re: float Tubes and they are still legal. Just can't tow one behind a boat. Yea right like I had planned on doing that.[/size][/#008000][/font][Tongue][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
At Castaic I use the #4 Clousers and Zonkers. Other times I use the 2/0 size. It all depends on the mood the fish are in.

Since they have crappie, you may want to try some of the latex fies. We used to use that in Utah and Idaho. Royal coachman #14 does well with them too. I bet you could hit them up with some of the Humpheys or Parachutes too.[cool]
[signature]
...unless there is a major crisis that weekend I will be there.. :-)..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#008000]I went to the Lake Elsinore's web site to find what the current water temperature is and this is what I found:[/#008000]
[#800000]"Where can I find the water temperature of the lake?[/#800000]
[#800000]We don't know of any web site that records the water temperatures at Lake Elsinore currently. The temperature would likely vary anyway, and would be coldest in the center of the lake where it is deepest. If any of you comes across Lake Elsinore water temperatures, whether historical or current, please [/#800000][url "http://weathercurrents.com/lakeelsinore/FeedbackForm.do"][#800000]tell us[/#800000][/url][#800000]."[/#800000]
[#008000]I mean how difficult is it to drop a thermometer in the water for a few minutes? I do it all the time. Oh well looks like another project is in the offering.[Wink][/#008000]
[signature]
One of these days Team Quill shall hook up with you all. Either there or here or somewhere in between, but it will happen. I already travel hundreds and hundreds of miles each year to hook up and fish with people I've met on other fishing forums, so I better add you to my list of people to meet and outfish.[shocked]
[signature]
You may want to carpool with Pokymon when he comes out again this coming winter. Otherwise you are welcome to come out anytime. Just give us a heads up when you are headed this way.

We would like to meet you guys and fish with y'all.[cool]
[signature]
They can hardly keep up on the water temp of the "Bigger" lakes let alone the smaller ones.

I could imagine that the water will be in low 70s and that the Bass bite will be explosive for a good couple of hours before we get heavy into the Panfish bite.

By 10 or 11 is should all shut down due to the heat. Then we could share in some could refreshments on the side of the lake and then share FF war stories and do a photo session.[cool]
[signature]
....now that sounds like a solid plan to me... especially the catching fish part....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Now that Scruffy fly wandered down your way, you may want to drag him in on the get together. That would be a good carpool for the 2 of you.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there tubeN3 - what time should we plan on getting together? Also is there a particular gate, road or parking lot # we should look for best access to the lake?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
We should all meet at the Marina entrance. It is located at the South/East corner of the lake.

I plan on being there by sunrise or @6am. Getting gear ready and getting Macfly set up we should be launched by 6:30.[cool]
[signature]
...this better be good if I am getting my old butt up and out the door that early....[sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey tubeN2 included a map of the area. Which road do we take to subject marina?[/size][/green][/font]
[center][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=28128;][/center]
[signature]
Lakeshore Dr is the one.[cool]
[signature]
[center][#008000][cool]East or West or in between?[Tongue][/#008000][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=28134;][/center]
[signature]
500 lakeshore drive

[url "http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_free?width=800&height=500&POI=31&streetaddress=32040+Riverside+Drive&city=Lake+Elsinore&state=CA"]Click here for driving directions[/url]

[cool]
[url "http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_free?width=800&height=500&POI=31&streetaddress=32040+Riverside+Drive&city=Lake+Elsinore&state=CA"][/url]
[signature]
now I gots a map and such..but Im betting I still get lost.. [laugh]... but.. on a serious side now..

what are the fees we will be running into ... since its a state park is there an entrance fee.. what is the fee to fish.. etc.. Im trying to find out on line but no luck so far...

MacFly
[signature]
You are looking at 6 bucks or so to park and 8 to launch. Anyone that gets there early enough will have their parking and launch sponsored by me! So get there early.[cool]
[signature]
thanks for the info...not sure how early I get there but shooting for 6.... with or without scruffy fly .. [Smile] .... but will tell you that I am very much looking forward to this trip.. even the wife is not arguing monies with me... she was concerned at the cost of making the trip to the new bass pro so will check locally first.. then may make the trip anyway.... either way.. I am planning on being there early and with new waders and boots to tube for the first time... and ... of course to wear you out with questions on fishing... especially the power cast and spey casting......

MacFly [cool]
[signature]