Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Lake
Fished Yuba Saturday night and early morning. Slow for Walleyes but the Pike where biting and the tons of Perch, we caught a couple that went 13''. The Perch were boiling at night thought for sure we would get into the Eyes, but no luck
[signature]
Nice post nice fish! I read somewhere that yellow perch don't feed at night. Has anybody ever caught perch at night? I know ice fishing we would be slamming them then at low night it would die just off.
[signature]
i went out today. on the water around 8 and down to the point. perch every where no eyes. last night i looked at that pritty big full moon and almost went to the berry for cokes. i new the eyes were on that full moon bite and went anyway.[crazy] but the perch carp and pike were ready to play. i boated a 34 incher. he didnt make it. [mad] tried everything and belly up he went every time.[pirate] so i guess im going to try eating pike. that will be a first. i forgot to tell ya about full moons.lol
[signature]
Nice report and great pictures! It appears that the pike survived the great Yuba water drain, and that the walleye didn't fare as well. However, I am still hoping for a walleye comeback at Yuba! I will be glad when we are allowed to fish for the perch. It appears that we need to diminish some of the perch population who, as TubeDude suggests, are probably eating the baby walleye.
[signature]
The Perch were every where. The Walleyes a mystery.
[signature]