Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another Gorge weekend
Another great weekend of fishing at the gorge, even though Saturday night gave us enough wind for a short period to make waves deep enough to get my 23 foot wellcraft airborne several time coming across the bay. Lots of fish, and they are getting bigger as you can see. Jared Colby and Matt fished on Jareds boat and I had a guest from Hill AFB who said he had been trying for Kokanee on several trips with no success. He had plenty of it this weekend. We run up to the upper marsh area every morning to great weather and flat water. Fish were in 45 to 70 feet of water hugging the edges of the main channel that runs though there. Seemed like everytime you crossed the edges you would pick up fish. Pink RGT tubes and Squids worked well as usual and Sunday the spoons were the ticket for the larger fish. Each boat picked up between 20 and 30 fish each morning with all but a few bleeders being released. Sunday morning started off as to be the best day of the weekend but around 830 it went dead. So it was back to the marina and packed everthing up to head home. One other thing, if anyone knows of someone who got home Saturday night and discovered that the swim platform on their boat was missing, along with the remote troll and trolling motor, let them know that we tried to stop them when it busted off, and that the marina shop at Lucerne has everthing there. A word of caution, don't think that because the speed limit is posted at 40 mph that you should go that fast. The road is in such bad shape that when he hit the depression and bump everthing exploded off their boat and they didn't even know it.
[signature]
Most excellent boys! Those are some great kokes. Nice of you to turn in the pricy trolling stuff for those people. Some lessons are hard to learn.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]What a great weekend to be on the Gorge! You boys continue to put a big hurt on the Kokanee! Impressive. We were lucky enough to get on the staging kokes and jig up a few. What a ball! I caught a legit 5 lber! Those fish are just so much fun. Aaron got pics of our fish and I'll post them when I get them. Again what a great time fishing and it was fantastic hooking up with all my friends that love the Gorge as much as I do. You know who you are![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Sweet pics, nice fish. Thanks for the report, nothing like the koke bite this time of year. Jareds lures are working great.
[signature]
I just noticed your report. Great pics of some nice kokes! Man, that was a fun time to be fishing! We didn't have any spoons, but the hoochies and RGT's left us no shortage of nice kokes. I'm amazed at how dominant Jareds tackle has been this year. We've fished it side by side with some of the best kokanee tackle available, and Jareds is tops so far. Thanks for the great report, and keep them coming!
[signature]
Did you get more than one hookjaw? That is a sweeheart! Why is there no line attached to the spoon in most of the photos? (promo pics)?
We put the Lure "mai-tai" right back in the water on the downrigger so we could go back to fishing and just pulled another of the same out of the tackle bag to take pictures while the fish still had good color..... and in answer to your other question we caught 21 other fish that mourning and as I recall 5 others were hooking. Both valid questions
Jared/Sockeyeslayer
[signature]