Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bows
i was wondering if you coud shoot fish with your bow?
[signature]
[Tongue]Here in Minnesota, you can shoot rough fish with bow, but there is a season for doing that !, So check your states regulations for your state!
[signature]
HI LONEWOLF , THIS GOT POSTED ON THE WRONG PAGE BUT THAT'S O.K. , TRY IT ON THE MICHIGAN PAGE NEXT TIME .

ONLY CERTIN SPECIES OR KINDS OF FISH CAN BE HARVESTED OR TAKEN WITH A BOW . AND IN CERTIN AREAS AS WELL AS CERTIN TIMES OF THE YEAR HERE IN MICHIGAN .

I WILL BRING OVER THE RULES AND REGULATIONS BOOK ABOUT IT ON SATURDAY . IT IS FUN TO DO . BUT IT CAN BE DANGEROUS . MOM AND DAD MAKE THE RULES . YOU MUST OBEY THEM WITHOUT A COMPLAINT , THATS PART OF BEING A GOOD SPORTSMAN .
[signature]
you can shoot burbot year round in the great lakes, but frankly I find it difficult to shoot through 2 foot of ice.

there are special tool for shooting fish in a barrol. you need marian arows (not those hollow arrows you use for deer and rabbit. you will need a reel and line connected to your bow to real in your catch. If you dont have these the dnr will be quite suspicous of your presance with the rong setup.
[signature]
Bowfishing for carp is a blast. It is also good to work on your shooting form, bow season is not to far away.However lonehunter is right, there is potential danger involved. Always be careful, and remember to aim low.
[signature]