Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
TubeDude, Petty4Life and myself went fishing at Deer Creek yesterday. Whenever I fish for the bass on that body of water I secretly hope I will pick up a walleye as well. As always that worked for TubeDude, but I didn't do as well. He boated one walleye and lost another at the tube. He fished the north and south side of the Wallsburg arm. His best walleye success was on the north side.
I fished near the closed boat ramp. I hooked into a small walleye west of the boat ramp next to the rocks in about 11 feet of water. I was using a small tube jig tipped with a small piece of crawler. I got him to my fins when I lost him.
We caught bass constantly and enjoyed ourselves immensely. However, the water is so low. I can't remember it so low.
After a while I tried to catch a few trout, but they wouldn't oblige! I threw everything to them -- spinners, spoons, crankbaits, jigs, and crawlers. Nothing worked!
[signature]
WELL AT LEAST YOU HOOKED AN EYE. THANX FOR THE UPDATE LLOYDE. KEN
[signature]
hey Lloyde do you know if that rock pile (by the island that I fished with you) is out of water. the one I line up with that house on the bank ?? thanks chuck
[signature]
Chuck,
I didn't get down by the island this trip so I don't know. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was. The water is so low.
If I get up there again I'll take a look at it and give you the details.
Lloyd
[signature]
thanks Lloyde, I might be headed up there this tuesday or maybe down to yuba, do you want to go ?? let me know. later chuck
[signature]
Absolutely!
[signature]
going tuesday??? if ya decide on yuba call me. i have a lawyer app. uta wants to negotcheate with me now. lol. [cool] hay when ya going to stop by? ashleys other pole that needs a tip.
[signature]
ok, yuba it is,, do you want me to pick you up on the way ??
we can meet some place off the freeway, you name the place.
chuck
[signature]
Just off the Orem Center Street exit there is a parking lot across the street from the 7-11 Store. That is the best place for us to meet. As soon as you exit you will hit a stop light. The parking lot is just right of the stop light on the east side of the street. What time should I be there?
Lloyd
[signature]