Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 8/4
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1][Image: important.gif] Pineview yesterday [/size][/font]
[size 1][/size][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][size 1]After a journey to my new job i had a little time to take my son and djremo and his wife to try for a tiger. The trip started off good but turned bad pretty soon after. I was supervising the fishers and steering the boat. Djremo's wife was using one of my rods with a buzzbait and getting the casting down very well. All of a sudden (not sure exactly what happened) i heard a ting, bloop, bubble bubble and looked to see my rod charging for 25' of water. I tried for 25 or 30 minutes with 5 oz of sinkers and 8 hooks to find it but no use. She was very upset but you know the saying....
We said piss on it and went fishing again. We moved over to north fork and started casting to the shore. I had the first swing and miss of the day fallowed by Lil'Lunkerhunter catching his first tiger EVER! It was about 30"+/- and gave him a hell of a fight. Made my whole year![Smile] After that we kept pounding the bank and soon i had 2 other fish swing and miss.[mad] Not long after remo had a slurper swing and miss and by then the boats had shut the fish down so we left. Yeah i lost a spendy rod but my son caught his first tiger. You can't put a value on something like that. Pics in a bit.
Hey Remo, tell you wife it is ok and not to be upset.[Wink][/size][/font]
[inline "Gages first tiger 001s.JPG"]
[size 1][/size]
[inline "Gages first tiger 002s.JPG"]
[signature]
Sometimes things like that happen, but your son catching that Tiger, is a once in a lifetime first catch. Real nice.
[signature]
hey brody. man what a up and down that trip that was for ya. at least your boy made it better for ya. did you gps it or can you find the spot? ask someone for assistance with a aqua veiw to borrow it or go with ya. a good rod combo is worth the effort. heck if i lost 1 of the customs chuck built for me id rent diving gear.lol or go to a diving school and pay for some dudes air tanks to be filled. ken
[signature]
I knoe exactly where it is. The problem is i don't know anyone with a camera that can fish for it when i can get back up there. Like maybe tomorrow.
[signature]
Too bad about the rod/reel combo. Hope you find someone with the gear to help you get it back. At any rate, tell your son congratualations on his first Tiger!!! Bet that is a moment he won't forget anytime soon. Keep him fishin' and you won't have to go lookin' for him later.

Regards & Good Fishin'
[signature]