Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many bow fishermen do we have here ?
how many bow fishermen do we have here ? there are two that i know of so far , myself and desperado from the ohio board . do we have any others out there ?
[signature]
[Wink] I've stuck a few carp here in Minnesota !!!!!!

Flagmanonice-------------- MAY THE WIND BE WITH YOU !
[signature]
thats three so far do you boat or stalk the reeds ?
[signature]
I just got into it last year, hope to do it some more this year. The first time I went, I stalked through some reeds, it was a blast. At night, in a boat with a spotlight is fun too.
[signature]
[Smile] Stalk, boat, and ambush on the river ![cool]

Flagmanonice---------may the wind be with you !
[signature]
i've never tried the boat yet , but i love the reeds , you never know what to expect , thats the fun part .
[signature]
yeaaaa ! i had one huge bugle mouth bass , must have been a record fish , snap my line as it tried to take me into lake erie . best guess would be between #70 and #90 . regular size down there is between #5 to #40 .

sissor lips ( gars ) , there fun to tag , i've seen some big ones .

we have about 15 species we can stick here in the mit , how about your way ?
[signature]
[Sad] Basically, we can only shoot rough fish (carp, suckers, etc.... )

Flagmanonice --------------
[signature]
I have often wanted to try but I don't know if it is legal or not here in ontario. I do like to bow hunt though.
[signature]
it takes some practise , refraction plays with your head .

i have from time to time misjudged my shot and had the arrow fly right back at me ! thats a year off my life everytime that happens !

a starter kit costs about $15.00 , as you advance , a reel seat , fishing reel , ect. but it's big time bow fun !
[signature]
I quit fishhing for bow fish (dog fish) years ago. they smell nasty and even worce when you try to filett them.
[signature]
[cool]Haven't done it in a while, but Utah Lake Carp and a compound bow, you're talkin fun my friend. Stalking the reeds, sneaking up on them till you are practically shooting straight down. What a rush!!!

[Wink]Great! Now I have to explain to my girlfriend why I have to buy another bow! Thanks a lot LH! I'll just have to tell her it's your fault. Hope you don't mind being my excuse, err, umm, uhh, I mean reason. See you on the water.

Really, I am taking beginner classes and she is taking a refesher course this summer for open water scuba. We both plan on spear fishing the few Utah lakes that you can spear fish in. She was raised with hounds chasing lions and bear through the woods. The only probelm she would have with me buying another bow is if I didn't get her one too.
[signature]
sounds like she a good catch , or , did she track you down ?
[signature]
you have good eyes , i have never been able to get a bowfin yet . they are one hard creature to get a glimps of , let alone shoot with an arrow .
[signature]
Last year, I set my lifelong friend up with her sister on a trip to Wendover. They had been living together for about three months when I invited them to a Walleye dinner and they asked if they could bring someone. I said "Yes, but you are not setting us up. I'm not interested in dating anyone." They called her and asked her to come and she said " Yes, but you are not setting us up. I'm not interested in dating anyone."

After the dinner she called from time to time to get together. I always declined, telling her "I'm still married even though I've been seperated for two years and I don't think it would be right to drag you into the middle of it." After about three months of this, I decided that if she wanted to get to know me so bad, that I had better give it a try.

So, in short, she tracked me down, and I couldn't be happier or luckier.[Smile]
[signature]
GOOG DEAL , I HOPE YOUR LIVES ARE LONG AND HAPPY .

TOO BAD THERE ISN'T A " FAMILY PLAN " ON FISHING AND HUNTING PERMITS , THINK OF ALL THE MONEY YOU , AH , SHE COULD SAVE !
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]I am going to convert my compound bow to a bow fisher this summer, I am interested in seeing some pictures of some of the rigs that you guys use. I have seen some rigs, but I would like to see what else is out there. What works for you? [/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]
i will get back with a couple of pics soon , but i removed my stabiliser and replaced it with a real seat , i then put on my large open face reel . it's a far better deal than the hand spool that i started with .
[signature]
Back east(upstate NY) I used to bow fish a lot... carp, Bowfin and an occasional channel ca caught in the beaver pounds. I used a recurve and a compound at different times... Compund is much easier of course but there is nothing like hooking into a 20lb carp with the recurve... but moving to North Bay of California, has left me out of that kinda fun. I hadn't even seriously fished until recently where I just move to the Russian river. Still trying to figure out all the rules regulations and what the heck the fish are going to bite at. Saw some Salmon flying through the air and a couple of spent steelheads but besides a few bull heads and some baby salmon/baitfish-heh I haven't manage to attract anything.

I think I'd get in a wee bit of trouble bowhunting for them flying salmon... [Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]It may be easier to send pictures via e-mail, if it is easier, send me pictures that way, my e-mail address is [/size][/#0000a0][/font][url "mailto:rthrbflyfishn@msn.com"][font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]rthrbflyfishn@msn.com[/size][/#0000a0][/font][/url][font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]. I look forward to seeing your bowfishing rigs. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]