Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Fishing Report- 8/22
We fished near South Skull Creek for a couple of hours last night, catching 2 lakers (15-16in), 2 kokes(14-17in), and 2 rainbows(14-16in). We were trolling a #3 Needlfish in brown trout and a #2 Needlefish in flourescent green hot tiger down to 50-55ft behind downriggers. Boat speed was about 1.8mph and water temps were about 70F. Hope it helps.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I have never been to South Skull Creek. I usually fish the Wyoming side. I am dying to get back up there for some Kokes. Does anyone know when they start turning color and going soft? Does FG close to Kokanee fishing?
[signature]
It does close next month, though I'm not sure of the exact dates as they change regularly. Check BOTH the Utah and Wyo. regulations for exact dates. I saw a few red ones with green heads in Sheep Creek the other day, but those kokes spawn earlier than the main lake fish from what I've been told.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3]The Wyoming Regs require all Kokanee caught between September 10 thru November 30 to be released to the water immediatly. The Kokes up north are also starting to sport spawn colors.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3]Later,[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
[size 2]Here's what the proclamation says for Utah, in part:

FLAMING GORGE RESERVOIR [/size][font "Myriad Pro Cond,Myriad Pro Cond"][size 2](Daggett County)
See Fishing Across State Lines on page 8 for license and permit requirements.
Limit 4 trout or kokanee salmon (EXCLUDING LAKE TROUT) in the ag• gregate, no more than 3 may be kokanee salmon.
Limit on lake trout/mackinaw is 8, but only 1 may exceed 28 inches.•

All kokanee salmon caught from September 10 through November 30 • must be immediately released.

Linwood Bay, west of a line from the eastern most point of the south • shore of Linwood Bay (mouth of canyon) to eastern most point of the north shore of Linwood Bay (Lucerne Point), CLOSED between official sunset and sunrise, October 15 through December 15.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up Jim. By the way, have you seen or caught any burbot in the linwood bay area's that you fish? Just curious if they have come down that far yet.
[signature]
Caught a couple in there last fall, but none anywhere so far this year.
[signature]