Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baitfish.
So many lures in todays world. Its true, fish will hunt what looks natural. What is your best insight in what to use. For eg. Bass, trout, and tuna is what I want to know, but your info into to what you hunt, will help.

Tuna 3
[signature]
try some live chovys or sardines
[signature]
I have always done well with the MegaBait series of lures.

The Megabait Live Jig is very good for Largemouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Striped Bass and Wipers in freshwater.

They also work well in the Salt for Barracuda, Tuna, Cravalle, Skip Jacks and AJs.

The best lure on the market for Trout would have to be the fly or it's competitor the worm.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks Steve! Where can I get them from.

Tuna 3
[signature]
Hey Mate. Unless you have a good tackle shop near you, you can orderthem at extremelures.com .

They carry all the different sizes and colors.[cool]
[signature]
Mate! I'll tell you what I need. Something that weighs about 40 grams and looks like a sardine. Dark blue on top and siliver on the bottem. I use 15 pound line for these bluefin and this is what there chasing. Can you show me some pic,s of what I have discribed.

All the best

Tuna 3
[signature]
[center] [/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [center][Image: livejigallcolors06.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center]These are mos of the colors. The sizes range from 28grams on up.[/center] [center]Please feel free to check out their website.[/center]
[signature]
Now they do look good. The blue and the green mackerel I like, and the sardine, dolphin will fit the bill as well.

Thanks for that buddy.

Tuna 3
[signature]
Chomponthis. Mate! Only dead baits in that range. In some places you can get live ones, but its not common. The bait there chasing is only 30mm long. It would be better too use flies on them and some of the do, and they catch them big.

All the best

Tuna 3
[signature]
Hey Mate. There is a small trick to make the live jigs dance. You simply put a small ben in it and it will wobble when it is moving through the water.[cool]
[signature]
What are they made of? I need it to be still at the head action and swimming mode at the tail. The lures I use, do this, and as you know, it must look like a baitfish on the run.

Tuna 3
[signature]
Those are all metal inside. If you put a bend in the right place you can tune it to give off the same signal as an injured bait fish. That's what makes them so effective.

Did you check out the website?? The also have some of the Charlie swim baits. They might be closer to what you are looking for. They are mostly a freshwater lure though.[cool]
[signature]
I like them charlie swim baits,

so do the bass and pike,

word of caution, if you plan on using them in pike waters one should concider haveing a dozen or so, pike tend to do some damage to the swim baits...
[signature]
I'm taking one out for Barracuda this weekend. I'm sure they will rip em up too.[pirate]
[signature]