Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Flaming Gorge with Capt. Jim
Last wednesday my brother, his son, and myself went fishing with Capt. Jim Williams on Flaming Gorge. After a few pleasantries, We were off to school ( jig fishing 101 ).

Jim explained what to do, what not to do, and what to expect during our day of fishing. As the day went on Jim would point out our mistakes and short comings, some of us are slower learners than others.

I would like to thank Jim for all his hard work, and patience while out on the water. Jim truly knows how to fish for the large lake trout, and better than that, he knows how to explain his methods to others.

Oh yea, we even caught a few of the dumb ones.

Thanks Jim, Zug bug
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report ZB, you got any details[Wink], like, were any of the fish you caught over ten pounds? Did you all catch fish? How were the conditions, windy? WH2
[signature]
Nobody would believe what we did that day if it were told!! It was only one of the best days I've had all season, maybe THE best depending on how you judge it. Fantasy Fishing. The day I'll be telling the next guys about for the rest of the season.

Larry, hat's off to you guys again. Well done!! I just put you on some fish and rode your butts. YOU GUYS listened and made it happen. We'll be talking about that day for years to come. I'm still buzzing!

A few pics., of only the ones over 30 lbs., are now on my website.
[signature]
Wow, sweet fish, checked out some of the pics on Jims site. Now thats a fantasy day of fishing. Certainly some memories to get you through the hard days.
[signature]
WAY TO LISTEN.... O AND FOCUS.... NICE LOOKING FISH AS WELL.
[signature]
Hey Jim, looks like another happy customer, well done you guys.
later chuck
[signature]
looks like you guys had a blast out there. yep jim knows what he's doing, he taught me so much more then i could have with 10yrs of hitting the watter everyday. he also knows how to teach someone quickly. looks like you guys went out the day after us, they were hitting good the day we went, jim put us right on the fish but we were just setting the hook all wrong, and a few bad presentations, im glad you guys got into them and thanks again jim for the lifetime memories.
[signature]
Sounds like you followed the directions pretty good. A day on the lake with Jim is a great learning experience. And when you go back next year you will get a few more pointers.

[signature]
Dang, now I'm really tempted! Just need to come up with the $450 to get myself and my wife up there. Smile
[signature]
PAWN HER RING. LOL IT WILL BE WORTH THE BATLE. LOL
[signature]
Paid a lot more than that for the ring......and no, it wouldn't be worth it. Smile

One day of fishing does not equal a lifetime of misery. [Wink]
[signature]
LOLOL. [Wink] JUST KIDDING. HOWEVER THE CASH IS CREATED. THE TRIP IS WORTH EVERY PENNY. THE MEMORIES AND LESSONS ARE PRICELESS!!!
[signature]
Hmm....what else could I sell? Anyone want to buy a kidney? Smile
[signature]
LOLOLOLOL. NOW THATS EXTREME!!!!!! O DONT FORGET THE 20 % GRATUITEY. LOL HE ERNS IT.... BIG TIME.....
[signature]
I'll get the bathtub filled with ice and provide the "scalpul" for the "surgery"!!![Tongue]
TS
[signature]
[reply]
Dang, now I'm really tempted! Just need to come up with the $450 to get myself and my wife up there. Smile [/reply]

Don't be too tempted. The chances of you having a day like that are slim and none, like 1 in 200. If you just want to catch a few fish, and maybe a big one or two if the weather is good, the crowds are thin, the fish are happy, and the stars all line up right, then I might be able to help.

And besides, If I could put guys on fish like that regularly, even irregularly, the price would be $2,450 a day! And I'd still be booked solid!

As they say, "results not typical, your success will likely be less."
[signature]
[reply]
[reply]
Dang, now I'm really tempted! Just need to come up with the $450 to get myself and my wife up there. Smile [/reply]

Don't be too tempted. The chances of you having a day like that are slim and none, like 1 in 200. If you just want to catch a few fish, and maybe a big one or two if the weather is good, the crowds are thin, the fish are happy, and the stars all line up right, then I might be able to help.

And besides, If I could put guys on fish like that regularly, even irregularly, the price would be $2,450 a day! And I'd still be booked solid!

As they say, "results not typical, your success will likely be less." [/reply]
[signature]
That's odd. Don't know why my reply didn't show.

I wouldn't expect results like that. I don't have that kind of luck. However, I've never caught a laker, so if I could just get into a couple of those big boys it would be a great day for me. The only big mac I've ever caught was at McD's.

Now I just need to get the cash!!! Would either be 2 or 3 of us. Myself, and probably my wife and / or dad.
[signature]
Here's how you come up with the money. make a year ahead resavation and save 10 bucks a week for the year. that should be enough. later chuck
[signature]