Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Cobia's at once!!!!
[cool] Check this out. I use a standered 3 hook float fishing rig with a live menhaden when I king mackeral fish from a pier. We hadn't had a bite all day. It was late in the afternoon, and I was fixing to leave when I heard my reel click like 4 or 5 times; then it just stopped. I thought it was kind of strange, so I walked over to inspect. I figured maybe the darn bait just got pissed and yanked the line out a little bit. I got there and my fighting line was unattached from my anchor line, and when I tried to reel it in, I could feel the pressure on the other end. I looked down and there sat 3 cobia's in the water, one on each hook! we netted them, and had to throw them back. They were like 1 or 2 inches too short. No lie though, 3 cobia's at one time on Myrtle Beach State Park Pier.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Wow! You achieve something that most will never do. [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Cobia swims in school sometimes but the odds are you will never do it again. Would be something to see you should have got a photo of it.[/size][/font]
[signature]
that sounds c[cool] guys but ya want to know another funny??? i have no idea what a cobia is!! haha later will ya tell me thaks mare haha[Smile]
[signature]
i was out trolling rapalas for trout just this last week when my buddy hollars fish on and grabs his pole a couple of seconds later i got hit now were all exicted to have a double hook up we both get our fish to the boat at the same time on to find out its the same fish ! we pulled it aboard to find it had both our lures in its mouth how this fish managed to get two different lures trolled at different depths and line distance out is beyond me
[signature]
Awesome, I wish I could do that, Good job and good story!
[signature]
had that happen with a marlin one time while out fishing tuna one guy hooked up then another then myself turned out to be a marlin ate all three of our baits never did get it to the boat it broke us of one at a time
[signature]
Maybe the last two were just trying to help the first one get unhooked.[Wink] That's a good story though. A friend of mine caught two good sized bass, and a smaller one on one lure. Both of the larger ones hit as he was reeling in the smaller one. One of them actually got caught while trying to eat the smaller one.
[signature]