Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAY WELCOME TO OUR NEWEST MICHIGAN MEMBER " CATCHEM "
IT' ABOUT TIME WE ALL SAY HELLO TO OUR NEW FISHING BUDDY CATCHEM HERE ON THE MICHIGAN BOARDS .

HELLO , CATCHEM , WHAT TYPE OF FISHING DO YOU LIKE TO DO THE BEST ?
[signature]
Thank you for the kind welcome. My favorite type of fishing is bass, but I work on a walleye/perch charter boat.
[signature]
welcome catchem,

i am shur you will like this site i do any way the only time i ant on here is when i am seeping or at schoolif you have any qustions you can talk to me ,lonehunter and davetclown i am shur they would be happy to help you .
[signature]
i hope the upcoming fishing season is good for you , with the price of fule being so high hopefully more of our resident sportsmen will take advantage of rediscovering the great fishing that our great lakes provides .

some people will try to save money by using " pirate charters " , big mistake if something goes wrong , your left to fend on your own , there not a legal charter so insurance companys won't pay . go with the pro .

using a charter is the best and safest way for the guy that dosen't own a boat or can't spend hours searching for a good spot to fish . charter boats and there crews are also certified to be safe , there crews are strictley trained to handle any emergency that may arise . charter boats also pump back thousands of dollers back into the local economy , to the regular guy it may look like these guys are making big money for driving a boat , but in reality , it is a never ending job , even during the off season , there are classes to take , new laws and regulations to adhere to , repairs to make and scheduling clientel for the next year . that doesn't leave much downtime . think of them as jumbo jet piolets and the pirates as pizza delivery boys , who are you gonna feel safer with .

if your in the s.e, area try the detroit river in the trenton channel on the opener , it's always produced some huge largemouth for me , during the summer i like harsen's isle in lake st. clare , striper heaven !
[signature]
Lonehunter,

You're definitely right about what it takes to run a charter boat. As a first mate, I only have to deal with some of that, but safety is always our number one concern.
I'll be going down to the Trenton channel next week after some eyes, I've never fished for bass down there, guess I'll have to this year.
[signature]
THIRD SATURDAY IN JUNE IS THE BASS OPENER ON THE RIVER , THERES USUALLY A TOURNEY GOING ON THEN , YOUR BEST BETS ARE THE SHORE OPISIT THE ELISIBITH PARK BOAT LAUNCH AND AT THE NORTH END OF THE DOWN CHANNEL IN THE COVE , GET SOME CHARTS THAT SHOW THE WRECKS AND BEWARE THE OLD RAILRODE GRADE THAT IS SUBMERGED IN THE WATER , I BARLEY MISSED IT MY FIRST TIME THERE . ANOTHER SPOT TO CONCIDER IS THE MOUTH OF THE LOWER HURON RIVER , THE BIG BOYS ARE STILL RETURNING FROM THE SPAWN RUN AND ARE VERY HUNGRY . IF YOU NEED SOME OLD CHARTS I CAN SEE ABOUT GETTING MY OLD ONES BACK . THERE DOWN IN THE DETROIT AREA . I DON'T GO THERE A WHOLE LOT ANYMORE , UNLESS IT'S TO VISIT FAMILY AND FRIENDS OR FISHING .
[signature]
check with your charter captan about giving out fishing reports here on the boards,

I am sure your captan will like the exposure.

what is the name of the boat you are running on?

dose he target only one fish, whats running or can you chose what fish you want to target?
[signature]
Hey Dave,

The name of the boat is the "Disco Kid", he fishes for salmon in the spring(but not this year), walleye during the summer, and perch begining in Aug. through the fall. He's not much of a computer man, but I would be happy to post reports on behalf of the Charter.
[signature]