Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exaggerations and misstatements by Romney on the campaign trail
hes a conservie lyin pos
[size 3]Out on the campaign trail, Mitt Romney has been boasting of some impressive accomplishments as governor of Massachusetts, while also outlining bold foreign policy proposals. But we found that Romney sometimes alters the past, exaggerates his record and traffics in ambiguous language.[/size][size 3] We reported earlier on his boasts of issuing hundreds of vetoes, the majority of which were overridden. Here we examine a few more of Romney's dubious statements:[/size][size 3] [/size] [ul] [li][size 3]He claims that President Clinton "began to dismantle the military" when it was President George H.W. Bush who started making deep cuts in defense budgets years before Clinton took office.[/size] [li][size 3]He claims to have balanced the Massachusetts budget through the elimination of duplicate state agencies when he actually relied mainly upon increases in fees and cuts to education and local aid to do so.[/size] [li][size 3]Romney takes credit for submitting state income tax cuts, although income tax rates did not change during his term as governor.[/size] [/li][/ul] Analysis [size 3]We've already [url "http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/dont_veto_the_truth.html"][#023f7e]looked[/#023f7e][/url] into a Romney TV spot in which he boasts of issuing "hundreds of vetoes" as governor while failing to note that few of them had any effect. In addition, s[/size][font "Arial"][size 3]ince January 2007, Romney has delivered 10 major policy addresses on subjects ranging from the economy to defense, energy to abortion. We read them all and found some of his claims worthy of comment.

[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 3][size 4]Falsifying History[/size]
[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 3]
Romney has been rewriting the past. He has repeatedly given a bogus description of recent history by accusing former President Clinton of initiating a decline in military spending.
.......................... read all the lies here: [url "http://www.factcheck.org/more_mitt_missteps.html"]http://www.factcheck.org/more_mitt_missteps.html[/url] sm[/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink]Sweet! Guess I'm voting for Romney!
[signature]
youve found your candidate!

congratulations!

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You really need to lay off the "Hater-aide". Hate is controlling and taking over your life. That's not a good way to be.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Why don't you post something positive for a change? Your party, your candidates, your agenda, has been running the country now for some time. If you really want to convince me that your agenda is right, then show me! What are they doing to make things better? What have they done to improve my life? What have they done to help make the world a better place? You won't though. It ain't your way.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Stop, already with your cut and paste smears. That doesn't change any one's mind. I think it just helps you fuel all the hatred inside of you. How many times have you stormed away from friends, colleagues, and strangers when talking politics because you got so mad you couldn't take it? I'd bet a bunch. You really need to take a chill pill.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
cant take the triuth you voted for a mass murderer can you ?

cant take the truth another of your ilk is a liar, and is being exposed as such, can you?

ill post what i please

sm
[signature]
BLM,

I quit feeding this clowns fire. HE isnt worth my time to have a LOGICAL debate with. As I know you have figured, LOGICAL is not in his vocabulary. He is a LEft wing extremist that exagerates and misstates more crap than anyone I ever new. Like I said before, I can have a more intelligent conversation with the wall than this Clown!

RILEY
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Logic has very little to do with any of this. This is too fun. You got to admit, I called it though. Look at Tony going off! The man is so hateful! LOL![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'll pray for you, Tony![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Yes you did call it. It is fun.
[signature]
war is stupid. it is used to drive industry.

there is so much natural disaster in this world, there is far more oppertunity to fight disaster in this world as a tool to drive industry than there ever would be by man made war...

that man who was acting like president who thought star wars was the way to win. Shutting down the man power aspect, "minute men" so now it takes months and years to react. so we can give tax breaks to corprate who in turns envest those tax breaks out of the country....

disarming america of it solders started during the reagon years, continued though the GHB years then on thought the BC years on in to the GWB years...

Did we reopen any of the shut down bases in this country during this bushes years? need I say more.

Stupid Stupid people. There are no winners in war except for those who finance it and those who build the tools of war.
[signature]