Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Texas on Lake Fork & Cypress Springs
[size 4][center] [/center] [center][/center] [left]Lake Cypress Springs[/left]

Water temperatures on Lake Cypress Springs is ranging from 55 degrees in the morning, then making it up to about 63 degrees in late afternoon. Water clarity is slightly stained due to strong winds. Fishing has been good with clients this last week in spite of winds and colder temperatures. We have been averaging about 13 bass in the last two trips. Before the cold front which arrived late last week, fish were on their beds or near vicinity in about 5 feet of water. The baits which achieved the best results were Gene Larew lizards in a watermelon/pepper color, rigged with a light bullet weight and a 4/0 Gamakatsu hook. Fish were also landed on a white floating worm rigged wacky style with a 2/0 Gamakatsu hook. Sunday on Cypress after the cold front had passed, a client and I picked up about 11 bass. The first fish of the day was not caught until about 10 am due to the low temperatures Saturday night. As the water temperature warmed up, the fish became active and starting biting. All fish came off a Gene Larew lizard and a junebug colored worm rigged Texas style, in about 3 to 5 feet of water.

While fishing this last week, I took time to visit with some crappie fishermen who indicated they are holding in about 15 feet of water on points on the main lake. Catches also being landed around the 115 highway bridge. Keep your line fresh and your hooks sharp!!

[left]Lake Fork[/left]

Fishing on Lake Fork has slowed down considerably with the cold temperatures we experienced last week. On a trip earlier in the week, we put 6 fish in the boat with the largest being 6 pounds. Two of the fish were caught off beds using a Gene Larew tube and the other ones were biting a Bomber Long A in gold and black. Fishing the first week of April should pick up significantly with the warmer weather and bright sun warming the water. If the late March cold spell is the last for the season, I think you will consistently find fish on beds in April, May and even into June in some areas of the lake. Crappie fisherman were finding bites good on the bridges. They are hitting blue and cinnamon, blue and white as well as blue and silver jigs. It sounds like anything blue is what will work. Keep your line fresh and your hooks sharp!!!

[cool] - FISHING TIP - Wear good polarized sunglasses to see bed fish better!!!

Reports furnished by Donnie Thomas, licensed guide. To book a trip, call

903-537-4945 or check out the website at www.easttexasangler.com. [/size]
[signature]
[Smile] great report. [Smile]

thanks...[cool]

welcome to our little site (like texas aint nothing little here)[sly]

I tried your url address it didn't work

how are them bass doing down yer way?
[signature]
hi there donny , i see you met dave ,he the "answer man " as i like to call him , if theres anything you would like to know about , he can find an answer to it !

i figured i'de give you a welcome too ! i'm from michigan too ! you'll see me here from time to time as well as ssor , he's down there in texas having a big ol' bigfishtackle get to gether and fishing tournament . the lucky guy !

how long you been doing the charter ?

the fishing report was great ! i sure will be back to read some more .
[signature]
Hey east Texas angler. Glad to have some one reporting from God's country.You are talking about my old stomping grounds now.I temporerily move down here to the Rio Grande Valley.I go back home several times a year.I have spent many many days on lake Fork and quite a few on cypress.I also fish Cooper, Bob Sandlin, and Pat Mayse.It may be a little late but be sure and hit the road bed and creek channel in Magee Bay on Lake Fork.It is a good staging area for pre & post spawners and a pull back spot for when the weather turns tasty.I have got my line stretched many times there pitching a jig.Sandlin can be a good numbers lake this time of the year.
Good report.
[signature]