Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part 2 MUSKY
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]This is part 2 of my trip to Canada and Minnesota.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]My son and scheduled a Musky trip after I returned to Minnesota. We were going to fish a lake in west central MN with a friend of his, and whoes parents have a home on the lake.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The first day was an afternoon trip with only one fish being boated; a small 24 in musky. We had follows all day but no hook-ups. We did catch many pike but the big muskies were not on a bite. The second day; we were on the lake at 6 a.m. My son, Chris, and I are throwing hair and Mike was fishing top water, at 6:10 Mike had a big fish take his Top Raider about 10 feet from the boat, the fight laste 5 min. ending with a 45 inch fish in the boat bring Smiles to all of us. The fish was potographed and releases. As it became more light we noticed bass jumping out of the water all around us. and occasionally we herd loud splashes. What we were witnessing was a musky feeding frenzy, the loud splashes were 30+ and 40+ inch musky coming out of the water as they chased these bass around the flat! We saw six if these "musky flights", it was something I had never seen and will never forget. However, the musky were more interested in the "live" fish then what we were throwing at them and we did not get another fish on the flat.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We moved around to different spots, had follows but no hook ups. we went to the west part of the lake, another large flat. I and my son were throwing hair and "captaine" Mike still using top water. I hooked into a nice musky and thought it was hooked well until it came up, did a tail dance 10 yards from the boat and threw the bucktail back at me. Even though it was lost it was a thrill that all musky fishermen know. We continued fishing the flat, Mike changed to a bucktail and I to a Suiek. Ten casts with the Suiek and I had a hook up with a nice fish. As I'm fighting my fish my son is reeling in fast to help and he has a large fish follow right to the boat! My musky took a few good runs but stayed on. It came along side and did the classic twist and flop,wrapping line all around itself. I thought for sure it was going to shake the hooks. Thanks to some great net work my 45 inch musky was boated, photographed, and released. Before we left that spot we and the lake Mike look off the bow and saw a musky on top just 10 feet away and seemed to be checking us out. This was my best ever musky trip. I hope to post the photos as soon as I figure how.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Good fishing all;[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Phishermn[/size][/font]
[signature]
sounds like a super cool trip. later
chuck
[signature]
with with all the eyes and some big tootheys sounds like a great time. thanx for sharing it with us. ken
[signature]
That's what i was looking for. Great report. Can't wait to see the pics.[Smile]
[signature]