Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba pike addict
To the disdain of my wife I am now a pike and tiger addict. Over labor day weekend we went camping at yuba to do some wakeboarding and I was lucky enough to have my rod and a few spinners and a rattling rapala in my car. I tried catching something up till 12:30 the first night cause the perch were jumping like mad. Got nothing. I woke up excited to try in the morning and caught some small perch with a spinner. I'd heard that there was pike but thought it was a rumor so I tried out my rattle and caught a beautiful pike 5-8' deep in some branches on the second cast. It was about as big as my arm (I'm 6'2, do the math and get back to me[Smile]) and I was addicted. I got home and told my buddy and we went back down friday night and woke up bright and early to get some more. Around 9 am I hooked up with another lunker at same depth, just were it drops off by painted rock cliffs! Those fish are awesome! I love it! So now I have to figure out how to get my wife to let me take off more often. Definetly want to visit pineview for the tigers too!
[signature]
Great report! Any pics?
I would guess your arm length fish was about 33" or so.[cool]
[signature]
What other places can I try. Iknow Newton Damn, Pineview and Yuba. Anywhere else? THanks
[signature]
Sorry so bad but I was alone the first time and it's a camera phone. Saturday we didn't have anything.
[signature]
Johnson and Mills Meadow in so. Ut have tigers. Also stretches of the green have numerous pike.
[signature]
I know how your feeling man..
I was the same years ago when I caught my first tiger...
well good luck fishing and with wife..
Cya around man.
[signature]