Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Erie Fishing Report
Well I finally got the boat out on the lake today. Everything is working great.

Two of us fished for 1.5 hours and got our limit of nice size females. They are not ready to spawn from what I could tell, but have lots of eggs.

We fished 41 34.939 N and 082 58 175 W. We were 3.75 miles at a heading of 174 degrees to the Portage river. There is a mud line running southwest to northeast. About three miles out of Camp Perry. We fished just off the mud line. We used 3/8 oz yellow and green jigs with yellow twister tails and minnows. We lost two fish at the net one would have gone 10 pounds.

Looks like this year on Erie is going to be very good, as long as the weather holds out.

Fish On!
[signature]
Remember that certain SUV commercial? How's it go? Oh yeah, I know:

[#ff0000][size 7]Take me with you...[laugh][black][size 3] I'm jealous. That's all. [/size][/black][/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Buddy fished in 15' of water off of the Perry beach, and landed a 27" 7.5lb female Saturday. ROUGH water that's for sure. We chickened out at the ramp. LOL
[signature]
I have seen many cery big walleye taken out front of Camp Perry thru the years. Especially if there is a big south to south west wind.

Conditions here ringt now is really bad A north east gail is blowing with horizonal rain, No fishing today!
[signature]
Fishguide:

Where's the good news lately, cap'n? No more reports to report? I may be headed over your way this Saturday. I hope this arctic blast doesn't rule the day. The warm spell was sure a tease. We'll have to see if the walleye don't mind the up and down weather patterns we've been blessed with these last few weeks.

Eric
[signature]
Hi Eric, I have not been out since last Sunday. We did get our limit fishing just east of Locust reef in 18 ft of water using jigs and minows. I had boat troubles that day, It hopefully has been fixed but no desire to go out in the blow. Cold air spells bad fishing. When I go out again I will report the rusults here.

Good luck saturday.
[signature]