Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Aransas Report for Thursday April 3, 2003
[center][red][size 4]Port Aransas is great![/size][/red][/center] [center][blue][size 2]Temps in the high 70's. I only got about 2 hours to hit one of the great piers here today. Had a great time talking to the many anglers from all over the states. Tryed to huck up with some of the great GaffTop that seemed to avoid my hook the whole time I was there but just loved everyone elses hooks. Yes that is right I got SKUNKED the first day back on the Island.[/size][/blue][/center] [center][blue][size 2]I did help another angler to land and check a great catch. He managed to land a 22lb Black Drum that was 34" long on some of the lightest gear seen on the pier. Am sorry I forgot to get his name but I will post the Pic's as soon as I get them uploaded or have Dave post them for me if I send them to him. So check back after the first of the week for some great pic's![/size][/blue][/center] [center][blue][size 2][/size][/blue] [/center] [center][blue][size 2]I will be off line and fishing for the week end. [/size][/blue][/center] [center][blue][size 2]The next report from me will be posted on monday for my adventures over that time![/size][/blue][/center] [center][blue][size 2]Any one that wants to come on down and join me, Come on down![/size][/blue][/center] [center][blue][size 2]I normaly am at one of the piers or the south jetties during thew day![/size][/blue][/center] [center][blue][size 2]Just watch for the BFT logo on a Silver and gray ASTRO Van. Also it has the Ohio Handicaped plates on it.[/size][/blue][/center] [center][blue][size 2]Till monday, All have a great weekend![/size][/blue][/center] [center].[/center]
[signature]
well i just don't belive it , not one bite ? you did reel in a new member didn't you ?

no fishing at all here on friday my friend , i couldn't even make it to work because of the weather , and i have a 4-w drive jeep ! we are iced over ! the warm weather we had must have followed you down . make sure you tie a rope on some of that warm texas weather and drag it back kicking and screaming if you have to !

i searously think dave is planing another ice fishing contest that will end in july or august , he has connections to the fish gods , but with mother nature too ? my poor casting arm is going limp . the only thing helping to keep it in some shape is the coffee cup !

have fun buddy !
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3]I am meeting many great anglers down here on this trip to Port Aransas. Many have never heard about our great free playground. I am passing the word all over at every oppertunity. The Texas board will be hopping real soon with new members along with the old salts that have been here for some time now. [/size][/blue][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]Did have a great weekend at the piers with the exception of loosing alot of geer when the tide changed and took my line into under water obstructions. Windy shure gave me a run for the money on the catch and release count over the weekend.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]She is posting a report as I reply to your post. Check it out as it was a verry event filled weekend. [/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
ii am glad your having a great time ! dave has told the weatherman to keep things warm for you down there , in exchange we have kept some cooler temps . tle lakes by my house now have second ice ! no kidding , i get an extra ice season up here ! have fun buddy !
[signature]
we sure will try , but were going to keep a little for ourselves , we want to go fishing too ! REALLY BAD ! [Smile]

DID THAT BIG OLD CRAB GET A BUTTER BATH ?
[signature]
I wish on the butter bath of the crab, but it happens that I have an alergic reaction to crab meat. He got unhooked and became just one of many that carry the title of C&R.(catch and release)
[signature]