Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newton dam tiger muskie
Went fishing this morning at newton dam. snowed most of the time but I got a nice lmb and beautiful tiger about 30" long. Caught it on a tiger-perch hinged tail crankbait, i think it is 5" or so. I was holding him in 5 " water till my friend took a pic but he wigged out and got free before the pic. I love cathing those guys though!
[signature]
thanx for the report. i havent ever fished it. i know brody has done well there im sure he will chime in. i love them tigers to.[Wink]
[signature]
What are some popular techniques and lures for Tiger Muskie?
[signature]
BIG SPINNERS. BIG RAPALAS. AND BUZZ BAITS. CRUISING SHORE LINES AND PITCHING SHALLOW. TROLLING DURRING MID DAY.
[signature]
Thanks. I will give them a try next Sat.
[signature]
This was my first tiger but with pike I've caught the most with a "Frenzy" crankbait. Black top with a silver under side. And from what I've learned online, tigers usually take a perch lookin crank bait.
[signature]
I have caught Pike on a perch type crank bait. I have never caught a Tiger but will look for the frenzy at the tackle shop.
[signature]
What? I have never caught a tiger musky.[Tongue]
Really though, as for Newton, i have never seen tigers act like those up there. They were actually acting like trout that trip. Yes i caught them on musky things, but for the conditions we should have boated 10. I had 1 on a buzzy and the other 2 were on cranks. The bass were the real excitement for the day.
I have not been in my boat since the last week of august. Don't plan on fishing for another 1 1/2 months. Damn hunting season anyway.[Wink]
[signature]
Say what? You've never caught a Tiger? Shame on you! LOL. I've never caught one either. Then again, it hasn't been often that I've fished Musky waters. The one time I specifically fished for musky, I caught a 15" largemouth bass on a 10" musky lure. LOL.
[signature]
yeah i caught a 22 inch bass 4 lb 7 ounces on a musky lure lol. Idk what it was called but it was green, furry, and had a spinner on it. It was about almost a foot long...
[signature]
I think you are reffering to a bucktail spinner. They inadvertantly catch large bass on occasion. Nice job on a hog![cool]
[signature]
I love newton i try to fish it once a week in the summer and those tigers are fun not big but fun they all put on an ariel show for ya[Wink]
[signature]