Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sage Z axis
last year i picked up a Sage XP 5 weight 9' rod with a ross evolution reel and I really love this combo... I wanted a lighter pole for smaller rivers and today I picked up a Sage Z-axis 4 weight 8'6" with a lamson litespeed real... anyone have any experience with the new zaxis and have you like it??? i hope to hit the provo with it tomorrow!!
[signature]
[black][size 3]Congrats on you getting your inheritance early or on the successful bank robbery. lol[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]You have one fine rod, I hear nothing but good about the Z axis rods. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Many of the XP rods have been sent back to Sage because of breakage, but nothing about the Z axis.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Be sure to let us know how you feel about the rod after you have a chance to use it.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I think that for the Provo, that 4 weight is just right, good choice.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
thanks... I have actually been real happy with my XP, to me it was a huge step up from my DS and DS2, (which still hold special places in my heart)...

anyone used the lamson reels, I have been a ross guy for years but this lamson seems like a good reel...
[signature]
Good buy on the Z axis. I have an old Lamson I bought 15 years ago for an 8-wt I use on Pike, baby tarpon, and Barracuda. Still working fine, even with saltwater use.

For freshwater 4 wts, like on my Sage Lightlines, I use Hardy Lightweights and CFO's.
[signature]
dude, that new litespeed with the hard alox coating is the premier reel in fishing. I love mine!!! It's bomber proof inside and out.
[signature]
I did a trade a while back. An older Spring/Pawl CFO for the new Lamson Lite and I feel I definitely got the better end of the deal! Very sweet reel, the rod is too sweet also. Nice score! That would be my choice if I didn't have my boo. A lot faster action should come in handy.
[signature]
so I got the rod and reel out tonight and played with it on the lawn... it casts awesome and I really like the reel so far, i think I will enjoy it... cant wait to try it out on some real water... AJ
[signature]