Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPI 4/5
Well I got to go but had to take wife and daughter to the beach.Once again the beach was crowded.Between keeping my daughter from getting ran over and answering questions, I did manage to catch a few whiting, another big stingray and my first shark.What a dandy .LOL
Every time I would set the hook, people would come from no where asking questions and taking pictures like they had never laid eyes on a fish before.But it was a nice day anyway.I was using squid and fish bites.My wife took the picture. I wanted her to zoom in on the little shark. I believe it was a bonnet shark.
[center][url "http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshots/MomentOfFame/l34403.jpg"][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2304740.jpg][/url][/center] [center]this pic was edited for size, to see full size pic click on it.[/center][url "http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshots/MomentOfFame/l34403.jpg"][/url]
[signature]
that must have put up one heck of a fight ! [Smile]

i have only cought one shark in my life , a 27"sandshark in maine , on a zebco 202 package deal . [Wink]

i myself have had the pleasure of a kid catch a coho on one ( zebco ) while i stood next to him " skunked " with my big fancy rod and all the gear .[pirate]

well , you cought some fish at least and a whopper of a shark , i'm sitting out a ice storm . great photo ! keep them coming . any plans on going next weekend too ?
[signature]
As for the size of the shark, he is a dink, but non the less a shark.He did not have much of a chance against the 10 ft. ugly stik and 30 lb braided line.Just cranked it in. Yes I plan on going to Poet A this weelend.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][blue][size 3]Yes it is a bonnet shark. They also are caller a shovelnose shark. I have seen many caught up here in Port A over the last couple of days. Just remember the length limmit is at least 24" on all shark. Have been told they are verry taisty. I myself have only had the privlage to eat Hammerhead, it's close cousun. It ws a sweet experionce to say the leaset. [/size][/blue][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]I am expecting to see a couple show their presence during the Tournament next Saturday. [/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
that sounds great , catch a big one for us all ! when you get a monster fish , we have a young lad on the michigan board that loves big fish , could you possibly post a pic to him ? he is lonewolf . i think it would make his day ! thanks , lonehunter
[signature]