Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annual fair
[center][#005050][cool]Socal FYI for [/#005050][/center] [center][/center]

[font "Poor Richard"][size 3]The Bob Marriott’s 18th Annual Fly Fishing Educational [/size][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][size 3]Fair Is Returning Home Under the Big Top at the Shop![/size][/font][font "Poor Richard"][size 3]

[/size][/font][font "Poor Richard"][size 3]Saturday November 17th, 2007 9am – 5pm

Sunday November 18th, 2007 9am – 3pm
[/size][/font][font "Poor Richard"][size 3]

[/size][/font]
[signature]
where is Marriotts'.. I am hoping it is not way out of my way... [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#005050]It is probably 80+ mile drive for you. They are located off of the I-5 & the 91 freeway in Fullerton.[/#005050]
[signature]
...so not that far from you??? doubt I get up there unless I go after the 18th meet at Corona.. that is a busy weekend but thank you for posting to let us know..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][/center][center]Bob Marriott's Annual Fair[/center] [center][size 2]BOB MARRIOTT'S ANNUAL FLY FAIR[/size][/center] [#cc6600][size 2]Special Guests
[/size][/#cc6600][font "Verdana"][size 2]Jerry Siem
Steve Rajeff
Tim Rajeff
Bob Clouser
Skip Morris
Ken Hanley
Barry and Cathy Beck
Simon Gawesworth
Scott Sanchez
Bob Quigley

[/size][/font] [Image: fair_16_sm.jpg] [Image: fair_01_sm.jpg] [Image: fair_17_sm.jpg] [Image: fair_05_sm.jpg]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]To bad you can't make it up to meet the Rajeff's. They are the creators of the ECHO rod.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
....are those the guys that showed you and let you use that switch rod??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]No that was Dec Hogan, These guys are the inventors of ECHO and the designers, they are probably the ones designing Dec Hogans line as per his specs.[/size][/black]
[signature]
...I knew there was a connection there.. just was not sure how.. [Smile]

btw.. I keep looking at a tfo spey rod on ebay.. its used .. 12' 6" 6#.. so tempting.. but since I have not created a paypal yet I cant pay.. so for now I am safe.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Did meet Skip Morris at my club meeting last night. He ties some neat looking flies. Also gave a presentation on fly fishing lakes. Hope that I remember some of his pointers Sunday. Did forget to ask him for recommendations on fishing man made lakes & reservoirs stocked with hatchery fish. Will do that Saturday.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Dry Rod, Whatcha see? Watcha like?...... Whatcha get?
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 3][cool]Nothing really that new. Same old toys with a new twist. Watched some of the pros tying flies from which I always learn something new. Always need to pick up fly materials which I did. Spent a grand last year on a new rod, reel, line & a few trinkets. This time I kept my hands in my pockets as well as my wallet. Had several phone messages after returning from my outting with TubeN2, Bendopolo, MacFly & his son inlaw at Corona Lake. Back to one of the calls which was BM's telling me that I won a Rio fly line in one of the drawing. Hey I never win anything so maybe my luck will be changing. Will let TubeN2 share the news as to who was the fisherman of the day. No it wasn't me. Just two crappies, [/size][/green][/font][font "Pristina"][green][size 3]a rusted can of beans [or what ever] and a couple of shell fish.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
We were all doing fine with a couple of handfulls of Crappie. Bendopolo was nailing the LMB on the side lines and finally found a keeper.

10 1/2lb Rainbow trout.

We will have a full report on the Cali board. I will add a link to it here tonight.[cool]
[signature]