Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Aransas fishing report 4,5 & 6
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=25822"][Image: winner.gif][/url][/center][center][#ff0000]4-12-03[/#ff0000][/center]

Friday ssor was fishing but the fish were taking the gear faster than he could redo his pole. He caught and released for several hours . I just rested after our long trip here. The entire Island has been hopping with the great sand fest and also with great fishing. Saturday ssor and I began once again on our many year contest for the most fish caught. For years he has always won but Saturday was different. The Whiting were running and hard heads were so plentiful that they became a problem, eating all the bait. I caught whiting and hard head as well as an eel. Ssor tried to catch up and thought he might until I brouth in two hard head at a time. At Saturday's end we had 26 fish and i won by six1

Sunday was a bit different. The Gafftop began to hit and I had to have help of a net for ny light pole would not get him in. I was happy with a 17 incher. ssor was not about to loos two day in a row And caught a larger one on his new pole , 19 inches and almost three pound. We ended up with a total catch of 22 and released all but three for tonight's supper.

We sure hope that all the anglers in the Tournament on Saturday here at the South Jetty will have a good a luck as we have had the past two days.
[signature]
sounds great, dont forget to takes lots of pictrues of your many different fish for the contest and some of the festivities and your derby.
[signature]
I brought 2 digitals and 3 35millimeter cams along with over a dozen rolls of film. I think Windy has that many if not more. there will be alot of developing and sorting so it might take some time before we get them posted.
[signature]