Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River 10/31 & 11/9
Finally Got a memory card reader for the camera Now I can upload my fishing pics [Wink]

Fished the Weber on Halloween Morning and today 11/9. Also Had a couple Deer approach me on the shore they dint seem to scared until started to get out of the water.
[signature]
Awesome pics, that's what I like to see!
[signature]
Good lookin' fish, and it sounds like you had a good time.

Don't mean to offend anyone, but I would not recommend laying those spawning browns down on the bank like that. As is the nature of any fish, they are going to flop around. When a fish flops around on dirty, rocky, dry ground, they are going to lose some of their protective coat, and I'm certain their mortality rate goes up.

Especially when you consider they are in the spawn, probably the most critical point of the year in determining the longevity of the fish population of the Weber.

Don't mean to get anyone upset at all, we just need to take good care of the fish we catch, or we won't be catching them for long. Don't take this the wrong way at all...
[signature]
Canadian Thats great advise I agree with you for the most part but Ive seen more fish die from people improperly handling fish Im my opinion more fish die from either people squeezing the fish too hard and popping there lungs or damaging internal organs or holding a fish and there fingers accidentally slip into the gills.
[signature]
Canadian is right here. If it's a catch 22 situation, why not just wait until you fish with someone else so they can take the pictures? I'm all for getting good pictures of fish, but at what cost? A net will go a long way with keeping the fish in the water too.
[signature]
[left]Whenever I catch fish, I use a soft net and mostly keep them in the water until I bring their head just barely out to take out the hook. If I want to admire them for a bit, which I usually do, I keep them in the net and under water. [/left] [left] [/left] [left]It's especially critical if you are pulling out spawning fish. It's especially damaging to them during this time.[/left]
[signature]
Really.. hmm thats nice thanks for the advise [Wink]

All be hitting the Middle Provo sometime this week all have to remember not to in danger the spawn LOL [sly]
[signature]