Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I havent been fishing all summer. The Drought, no water!
Here's two photos of the same place. One (with water) was taken last year with my old Camera from the little 12' boat I usually fish out of.
The second was taken out of the windshield of my pickup.
Both photos are of the same place looking at the same direction.

Our lakes are down 17 to 20 feet. At one time the lake went down so low it exposed a Car that had been reported stolen.
We keep looking for some rain, maybe Tuesday....always a Maybe!

With water this low, you'd think you could catch em' two at a time with one cast.
[inline crappiehole.jpg]

The light colored stuff in the gulley that looks like water is dried alkali like mud.

[inline crappietrap.jpg]
[signature]
[black][size 3]That Bites! We all need some rain and snow. We are getting the rain today, but still kinda warm so we will have to wait a little longer for the snow.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]By the way, I edited your pictures. I couldn't hit the reply button unless I had gone in and made my print smaller, then I realized, "I can make it smaller" Wahoo. They can't be more than 450 Horizontally. Vertically doesn't seen to be a problem[/size][/black]
[signature]
[center][Sad][font "Pristina"][green][size 3]Hey there Thudpucker - it seems like the whole country has been starving for rain except Texas. In SoCal we have had less than 3" since July 1st 2006. The last time that I went to a the San Gabriel River [little fly fishers haven] the creek was almost dry. Wonder if the fish will ever make to the next good rain storm?[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30839;][/center]
[signature]
Thanks FLy Goddess, I'll make a note. I think my "Pixersizer" calls whetever I had an 'internet' size.

Dry Rod, I did not realize the whole south, east and west was experiencing a drought.
It does not say that on the weather channel.
That creek looks like ours. Just bare rocks with occasional pools. Some have quit running altogether.[unsure]

We are promised rain for tues/Wed, but only 30% chance. Locally we are short 60 " of rain from our normal levels.

Its killed a heckuva lot of non-game wildlife. The Cats cant even find enough mice n' snakes to eat.
Nobody here can remember a time like this so we dont know what its going to do to the fish. Whatever....we'll have to deal with it.

I'd go wash the pickup. That usually does the trick. But we are under water rationaing. I'd get into trouble. The computer is watching my water usage.[angelic]
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Hi there Thudpucker - you can always tell the size of a picture by right clicking your mouse over the object then go to Properties. Like my pictue above is 450 x 338.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[Smile]OK, so the first number (450) is the width. Like reading a map in the military, "read right up" meaning read the first number going to the right and the second number going up.
Thanks
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool][unsure] Ahh - now you lost me. The 450 is width, the 338 is height. Sorry sometimes I'm Confused easily.[Tongue][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
My memory is Confused with a lot of reference material.
As a young chirren I learned to read from the top right to the bottom left.

But...then I went into the military.
The Field artillary is looking for a specific point to blow up.
Someone gives the gunners a spot on the map.
They all read a map starting at the bottom left, across to the right, and then up the map. Hopefully they both have the same map!

Its a system that works.
In my mind I'll always remember the first number is the 'right' or 'width' direction.

Sorry I didnt' mean to confuse. I'll be quiet now!
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]I see said the blind man to the deaf man. LOL[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Pristina"][#008000][size 4]But thanks for the clarification.[/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[signature]