Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Aransas Report for Monday April 7, 2003
I am having a blast Down here in Port A.

I did find that my little cottage is in need of some minnor upkeep. But that will have to wait till next year.

The fish are biting fast and steady every time I hit the pier. I have Windy on the run for the fish count. She got worn out early yesterday but not before she needed the net to land a couple of 3-4 lb GaffTop.

I decided to toss the net for awhile for some freash bait, but I guess it just was not my day. Tossing that net is a bit rusty for me as it has been a few years. I got out my trusty collapsable rod and small Zebco Spinning reel for some peekypearch for some live bait. Caught only one along with one small yellow tail. They both ended up crab food after I loaded the hooks with them. the yellowtail did manage to bring in a nice 8" blue crab. Of course the dead shrimp we used for bait was a bit over due for the hook, and brought in alot of 1-6lb HardHeads. We also landed another eel, some Whiteing and golden croaker before the winds changed and decided to call it an early evening.

Now for you keeping the cooler temps up there. If you guys up there keep sending the coldfronts down here I will not have nice weather to lasso and bring back to help warm you guys up! So get Dave talking to the Weather Gods and get me some worm weather before Saturday! You know we got the first Annual B.F.T. Texas Tournament on Sat! Now Don't over do it. Just get it between 75 and 85 with a light gulf breeze wil be just perfect!
[signature]