Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Port Aransas for April 8, 2003 fishing report.
[left][blue][size 2]Well we got that coldfront in about midnight and with the winds I did not think there would be any fishing this day. After noon I tok Windy out to a favorit location to hunt for some shells. The wind was still up but was lighting up som. After checking out the local public piers I decided to give it a go after we had an early dinner. Hit the Brundet pier around 6PM. The water was still choppy and the wind was still up a bit. Windy got a line in while I was doing some maintanince to my reel. Before I could even bate my hook she had a fish on. She is using a Zebco 10/20 reel that has seen itsbetter days installed on a light weight Shakespier 5' pole. She sais it is a blast to bring in a small fish on that setup. I finaly got to put my line in the water and as I was tighting up the line I got hit and set the hok on a 2, 1/2lb GaffTop. Before I coulg get baited up again Windy had another on the hook! She was bringing in some nice eating size whiting averaging 1-1 1/2 lb. The wind gat to us after the sun went down so we called it for the night around 8:30. In two and a half hours I did stay ahead of her at the end but again we wher neck and neck on landing them. We landed 3 GaffTop, 8 Whiting and only 4 HardHeads. They all wher caught using fresh dead shrimp,fishing tightlined on the bottom.[/size][/blue][/left] [left][blue][size 2]I saw a nice sized Ray that was cought just as we arived at the pier. It looked to be around the 20lb range. It was released before I could get on the pier to check it out. [/size][/blue][/left] [left][font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 2]I plan on fishing the Southjettys today to get a good Idea of what to expect durring the Tournament on Saturday the 12th.[/size][/#000080][/font][/left] [left][font "Times New Roman"][red][size 2]Hope to see every one there for a great time! [/size][/red][/font][/left] [left][/left]
[signature]
Mr.Dwight,it seems to me, you"ve got you got a "LOT" on your hands,"Fishing" that is!!!!You kids go and have blast,and keep in touch.Wish, I was there,but Kids deal this weekend,for me is going to be huge!I must say this also,This is how Goodness is returned by the Grace of Greatness! Get some rest too,for the Tournament!!!!!!
[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 2]Hay Romero,[/size][/#000080][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 2]Sorry to hear that you will not be able to make trip this year. We will have to hope for next year if not before. You take care of them kids out there and make sure you are contagious with them Smiles for them! You have a great weekend out on the west coast and I will watch for your report up on the California board.[/size][/#000080][/font]
[signature]
THAT CHOPPY STUFF SURE GETS EM' GOING DOSEN'T IT ? WE STILL HAVE FISHABLE ICE UP HERE! I'LL TRADE YOU !
[signature]